Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#4042198 - 01/04/20 10:54 PM Re: Back in the Classic Car hobby! [Re: GrumpMarky]
GrandMarq9807 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Virginia
The pressure switch can be removed at any time, doesn't seal anything. If the O rings were leaking, fluid would be flowing from switch...

There are seal repair kits for the pressure differential valve (Torino, Mustang etc) but I have no idea if same kit fits full size.

----------My Toys---------(links are up)
1969 Fairlane Cobra 428CJ 4-Speed
1972 Comet GT Restomod 306, C4
1988 Turbo Coupe 331 AOD & 3.73 .. Pressurized ½ Motor is History

*****************NEW TOY!!!*********************
1969 Base Fairlane 302, C4, 45K mi(really!)

Now with P/S & PDB
Gonna wake it up with a Blue Print headed 347

#4042252 - 01/05/20 12:37 PM Re: Back in the Classic Car hobby! [Re: GrandMarq9807]
GrumpMarky Offline

I ♥ big cars!
Poobah

Loc: Lake County snow belt
Originally Posted By GrandMarq9807
The pressure switch can be removed at any time, doesn't seal anything. If the O rings were leaking, fluid would be flowing from switch...

There are seal repair kits for the pressure differential valve (Torino, Mustang etc) but I have no idea if same kit fits full size.

OK, that's encouraging. smile I will first try to soften the rubber using 1. the interweb method: soaking in silicone and sealing in airtight bag for a week. 2. modifying the switch connector. After looking into that "rubber renue" it appears to be geared toward rubber plattens used on printers to make them soft and "tacky" again. I want just the opposite, soft and slippery. As for the kits: yes, I have seen them. I have the old pressure diff. valve out of my car, and think it probably can be rebuilt. The switch is available no problem, but the pigtail connector is nowhere to be found. I doubt if I am the only one having this problem. Or else no one else goes to the trouble of redoing everything in their brake system like I have done. But to be fair, the pr. diff. valve from the X-100 was still fine. So maybe the switch to DOT 5 in my car back in '95 was a bad idea. Erik said he has seen old DOT 3 brake systems ruined by DOT 5 in the past. I guess it just depends.

Just took the Marquis out for a drive today, since the roads are clean and dry although it is almost freezing. I wanted to see how the car acted with the new fuel filter. Much improved! It was badly hesitating before, now it is virtually gone! banana The brakes are good and confidence inspiring. Makes me wish Spring would hurry up and arrive. joy

Maintenance Log

Currently: 2003 Grand Marquis LSE, 1969 Marquis convertible

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  BigNSlow, RF_Overlord 
Who's Online
2 registered (a_d_a_m, SVTarHeel), 90 Guests and 217 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 190
BigMerc96 75
ClayBelt 67
a_d_a_m 66
Old_Guy_Stu 63
Ponyguy 62
TheCableGuy 56
Moby_Vic 54
RF_Overlord 37
Psxmoe 36
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!