Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#4076066 - 08/30/20 07:17 PM Rislone gas treatment miracle?
Freddy12189 Offline

Loc: NY
My car was pinging pretty badly on 87 on full throttle so I been trying all types of engine medicines.

Tried Rislone (the one that is 2 bottles together and pour as one) and it literally transformed my car. The power levels feel like I did some crazy engine mods. Starts better, idles better, acceleration is much better and with out pinging. Kind of hard to describe but before I couldn't even chirp the back tire and now I do a nice chirp and feels like its shifting better. Flooring it from 25mph pushes me back in the seat now and just keeps pulling strong. My car is open rear 2.78 gears so I just always thought it was kind of limp stock but WOW now it feels great.

The biggest thing is that it made my BRAKES better somehow. Before it was kind of weak feeling. Hard to explain but it was just kind of "soft" feeling and not really confident. Now the pedal is nice and hard and feels like it can lock the wheels up with ease. Much more confident stops.

My big question is what did this stuff do? Was there something blocked and this stuff blew it out? Like made vacuum better too thats why brakes are better?

I used seafoam several times right in the vacuum hose and the gas tank and never really noticed any improvement. A long with various other medicines and not noticed. This Rislone stuff makes it feel like its a completely different car.

Forgot to add I put it in the gas tank when I had about 1/4 of a tank left and then filled the tank up when the low fuel light came on and about 50 miles into the full tank I noticed the difference all of a sudden.

Edited by Freddy12189 (08/30/20 07:20 PM)

Links
#4076070 - 08/30/20 08:31 PM Re: Rislone gas treatment miracle? [Re: Freddy12189]
CrystalPistol Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: The Shenandoah Valley of Va.
Helped the brakes too huh? What did you do … drink it?

2001 MercGM since 2001, 93K miles, Addco F&R, Bilstein HDs, J-mod, factory duals, Reese Hidden Hitch, AirLifts, Weathertech, XM, easy on gas, 17x7s with Goodyear RS-As make a smooth ride. All as of January 2020

#4076096 - 08/31/20 06:48 AM Re: Rislone gas treatment miracle? [Re: Freddy12189]
Rootintootin Offline
Climber

Loc: North Carolina
I alternate between the Rislone stuff and Techron, on a whim type basis. I think Rislone has some PEA or other chemicals for cleaning out combustion deposits.

I run a can of BG44K through about every year or 2 or 3 whenever I can find a good deal. Sometimes you have to buy 3 or 4 cans at a pop to get the unit cost down. I once bought 8 cans for about $8 each. I got tired of using it so I gave 2 or 3 away.

I read somewhere that Redline has a bottle of fuel treatment with the highest concentration of PEA. I haven't seen it on the shelfs when I was thinking about buying, so I haven't tried any yet.

Edited by Rootintootin (08/31/20 06:50 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling
97 CVPI(Ex. Tampa PD #715), 140K miles, performance Torque converter, J-modded valve body. Monroe Gas Magnum Severe Duty shocks, Ported Plenum and 70mm FRPP Throttle body

Who's Online
3 registered (juzza, bluejay_32, TheShadow), 62 Guests and 167 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 195
a_d_a_m 142
Old_Guy_Stu 125
DudeAbides 90
Ponyguy 64
CrystalPistol 48
Davidzq 47
Moby_Vic 45
LTC_Dave 39
ClayBelt 37
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!