Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4091548 - 01/13/21 03:56 PM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: CrystalPistol]
PickledVic Offline
Rookie

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By CrystalPistol
Originally Posted By PickledVic

Called a shop below the Bronx and got a quote for 1200 for 409 SS exuast which didn't include install.
You have a stock Y pipe, all they need do is split it, run a pair of pipes to mufflers, then two simple tail pipes. Only SS you need is the new extensions ahead of the mufflers where temps are higher, and regular aluminized steel will last years even there. Tail pipes will be fine in the same aluminized steel.

When I did mine in 2001, I used a complete system from a '01 CV HPP but I cut the tail pipes right after the axle, removed and replaced both tail after that with aluminized steel, it show NO rust. I just painted it black. I still have the resonators in the basement. My old '77 F-150 gets new pipes every 10-15 years, but it sees snow, salt, mud, etc. $1200 is CRAZY ... plus this way you can easily go after the look you desire.

Yoooo, yours looks really clean!

Yeah for 1200 I might as well order it from Summit racing and that's with an H pipe and catback.

Btw, how many hangers are needed for each side?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Exhaust-Han...4.m46890.l49292

Edited by PickledVic (01/13/21 03:57 PM)

----------------
Current mods:
Stainlessworks catback exhaust
ROH rims (came with the car)
Spectre air filter
Throttle body spacer
KYB Gas Adjust Shocks
Moog 5660 & CC501 springs
ADTR Rear Sway Bar

Links
#4091612 - 01/13/21 09:12 PM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: PickledVic]
CrystalPistol Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

Loc: Shenandoah Valley

Yeah for 1200 I might as well order it from Summit racing and that's with an H pipe and catback.

Thank You. Car spends most days under a car cover under a carport, but it has been cross country, far south west a few times, down through the south a few, even Ohio, Pa too, but not in but maybe one snow.

Pretty standard is behind each muffler to support muffler weight and near each tip to support the tail pipe. It's very rare to need more.

My Mercury has factory hanger right behind each muffler (that's 2) and then I have one each side at the very rear, just ahead of my tips (2 more) so that's 4 total. That's all you should need. The ones at the rear of the mufflers have 2 rubbers each (rubbers) so I have 6 rubbers. Walker has some nice muffler end ones with two rubber straps each as I recall.

In your link, looks like a frame hook & rubber for one side tail pipe and the two rubbers that fit a factory muffle bracket that's bolted to the car and a extra rubber.

I'd wait until I saw what my system needs or comes with.

If you go to a muffler shop, they'll have their own universal hangers too, I've had them too on other cars & trucks, have them on my '77 F-150 now, they work. They support the weight and the shop guy will put them so pipes don't rattle against car parts like frame, axle, suspension ... or he should. He may bend some pipe, swell some pipe, may use pre-bent store bought pipe to.

Edited by CrystalPistol (01/13/21 09:29 PM)

________________________________________ ____________________
Problems huh? Then Read THE Book. Signed: Natural Borne Neanderthal .

#4091654 - 01/14/21 02:01 AM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: ClayBelt]
PickledVic Offline
Rookie

Originally Posted By ClayBelt
Just go get one off a junkyard car. The marauder one is no doubt overpriced and will require midofication, junkyard is maybe $50 and a direct fit

I've called multiple junkyards here and they all tell me they either don't keep the exhausts or they're too damaged.

----------------
Current mods:
Spectre air filter
Throttle body spacer
KYB Gas Adjust Shocks
ADTR Rear Sway Bar

#4091738 - 01/14/21 01:07 PM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: PickledVic]
CrystalPistol Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

Just go get one off a junkyard car. The marauder one is no doubt overpriced and will require midofication, junkyard is maybe $50 and a direct fit

I've called multiple junkyards here and they all tell me they either don't keep the exhausts or they're too damaged.
Was a time I went to a yard and there were several worn out or mildly wrecked PIs there being stripped.

I was gonna have a local muffler shop owner do my system on our then new 2001 MGM, but one day during spring break '02 out on I-81 was a light rain, crowded traffic, and ooodles of college kids heading home. Girl in new VW headed to NJ pitted a new 2001 CV HPP from SC with elderly gent and his wife, as she tried to change lanes at speed to get a few feet closer to NJ, she spun him and the CV hit the guard rail with all 4 corners as it spun. I worked the wreck, the CV was also toreador red, had just a few thousand miles, and had a wheel chair lift in the trunk for the lady's wheel chair.

No damage to the running gear or chassis, but the 4 corners and air bags were enough the insurance totaled the car. A buddy who did the towing told me after the salvage yard came to get it, or I would have paid the salvage $ and parked it here under a roof ... maybe? I drove my '77 PU to the salvage yard, got the exhaust from behind cats (cut) to rear, every bolt, hanger, etc, 4 lacy spoke alloys, 20 new lugs, 4 center caps, 4 like new GoodYear LSA tires, the spare steel wheel with that new LSA, the jack, and a few other little things for $300 ... and they set the whole exhaust in my truck as one piece after they used a heat wrench to cut CAs & shaft to remove the rear axle. They used a yard crane to lift the car up, they had it out in minutes. They even saved the hanger rubbers for me.

I was offered the rear axle whole for $75 more but I had no need for 3.55s. I should have took it too I guess, rotors and brakes worth that, maybe I'd have used it all. Was track lock too as I recall.

Edited by CrystalPistol (01/14/21 01:17 PM)

#4091762 - 01/14/21 03:18 PM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: PickledVic]
RF_Overlord Offline

Poobah

Loc: MA
@ CrystalPistol: Man, I hate you guys from the South...more correctly I'm wicked jealous. What you got at the JY for $300 would have been at least double that up here in MA.

...and a whole rear axle for $75? In my dreams...try over $300.
Trilogy Motorsports supercharged #61
Too many mods to list / Driveway Queen

'11 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate Edition (Black)

'00 Grand Marquis GS (Silver)
Rotted frame and broken transmission crossmember
Being resurrected...slowly.

#4091778 - 01/14/21 06:45 PM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: RF_Overlord]
CrystalPistol Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

Originally Posted By RF_Overlord
@ CrystalPistol: Man, I hate you guys from the South...more correctly I'm wicked jealous. What you got at the JY for $300 would have been at least double that up here in MA.

...and a whole rear axle for $75? In my dreams...try over $300.
Well, was in Spring of 2002, I haven't priced them lately. I also paid $125 for a 12 bolt with posi out of a '67 Chevelle in mid '70s, I put 4.10s in it and put under a '65 GTO. Lasted awhile. It broke bad enough to rip the cover open one night going from 2nd to 3rd, I put the OEM Pontiac 3.23 open rear back under it for awhile.

#4097412 - 02/18/21 10:24 AM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: CrystalPistol]
PickledVic Offline
Rookie

Was a time I went to a yard and there were several worn out or mildly wrecked PIs there being stripped.

I was gonna have a local muffler shop owner do my system on our then new 2001 MGM, but one day during spring break '02 out on I-81 was a light rain, crowded traffic, and ooodles of college kids heading home. Girl in new VW headed to NJ pitted a new 2001 CV HPP from SC with elderly gent and his wife, as she tried to change lanes at speed to get a few feet closer to NJ, she spun him and the CV hit the guard rail with all 4 corners as it spun. I worked the wreck, the CV was also toreador red, had just a few thousand miles, and had a wheel chair lift in the trunk for the lady's wheel chair.

No damage to the running gear or chassis, but the 4 corners and air bags were enough the insurance totaled the car. A buddy who did the towing told me after the salvage yard came to get it, or I would have paid the salvage $ and parked it here under a roof ... maybe? I drove my '77 PU to the salvage yard, got the exhaust from behind cats (cut) to rear, every bolt, hanger, etc, 4 lacy spoke alloys, 20 new lugs, 4 center caps, 4 like new GoodYear LSA tires, the spare steel wheel with that new LSA, the jack, and a few other little things for $300 ... and they set the whole exhaust in my truck as one piece after they used a heat wrench to cut CAs & shaft to remove the rear axle. They used a yard crane to lift the car up, they had it out in minutes. They even saved the hanger rubbers for me.

I was offered the rear axle whole for $75 more but I had no need for 3.55s. I should have took it too I guess, rotors and brakes worth that, maybe I'd have used it all. Was track lock too as I recall.

I AM SO JEALOUS!

Well, if you or your buddy come across any other parts PM me!! haha I'm looking for a track lock diff.

----------------
Current mods:
Spectre air filter
Throttle body spacer
KYB Gas Adjust Shocks
ADTR Rear Sway Bar

#4097424 - 02/18/21 11:46 AM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: PickledVic]
CrystalPistol Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

... etc ...

I AM SO JEALOUS!

Well, if you or your buddy come across any other parts PM me!! haha I'm looking for a track lock diff.
I should have taken it too I guess ...
... but then I was planning on some long road trips, still traveling to Georgia often too ...
... but now the 3.55s would be "just fine" I think.

#4101326 - 03/11/21 02:18 AM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: PickledVic]
PickledVic Offline
Rookie

Everyone,thanks for your help!!

Ended up picking up the SW chambered SS exhaust from ADTR.net... no shops near me do TIG welding (defeats the purpose of doing MIG on SS, especially since I'd have to drive it in the snow.

Seen a few videos on it online so hopefully it sounds decent.

Edited by PickledVic (03/11/21 02:23 AM)

----------------
Current mods:
Spectre air filter
Throttle body spacer
KYB Gas Adjust Shocks
ADTR Rear Sway Bar

#4101328 - 03/11/21 02:22 AM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: CrystalPistol]
PickledVic Offline
Rookie

Thank You. Car spends most days under a car cover under a carport, but it has been cross country, far south west a few times, down through the south a few, even Ohio, Pa too, but not in but maybe one snow.

Pretty standard is behind each muffler to support muffler weight and near each tip to support the tail pipe. It's very rare to need more.

My Mercury has factory hanger right behind each muffler (that's 2) and then I have one each side at the very rear, just ahead of my tips (2 more) so that's 4 total. That's all you should need. The ones at the rear of the mufflers have 2 rubbers each (rubbers) so I have 6 rubbers. Walker has some nice muffler end ones with two rubber straps each as I recall.

In your link, looks like a frame hook & rubber for one side tail pipe and the two rubbers that fit a factory muffle bracket that's bolted to the car and a extra rubber.

I'd wait until I saw what my system needs or comes with.

If you go to a muffler shop, they'll have their own universal hangers too, I've had them too on other cars & trucks, have them on my '77 F-150 now, they work. They support the weight and the shop guy will put them so pipes don't rattle against car parts like frame, axle, suspension ... or he should. He may bend some pipe, swell some pipe, may use pre-bent store bought pipe to.

It should be coming in on Friday night and I have the 4 new hangers and 2 rubbers.

Do you happen to know the bolt size for the hanger. I think my mechanic said 13mm ff

----------------
Current mods:
Spectre air filter
Throttle body spacer
KYB Gas Adjust Shocks
ADTR Rear Sway Bar

#4104012 - 04/05/21 12:49 AM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: PickledVic]
99siggy Offline
n00b

Loc: Houston, Texas
Nothing beats a cheap exhaust upgrade from a used dual exhaust car. Going from single to dual was definitely one of the best decisions I made for my car. Picks up much better.

#4104046 - 04/05/21 11:49 AM Re: Will a 2003 Marauder exhaust fit a 2000 Civi CV [Re: PickledVic]
CrystalPistol Offline
Banned
Over the Hill

Just saw this, I'm sorry.

It should be coming in on Friday night and I have the 4 new hangers and 2 rubbers.

Do you happen to know the bolt size for the hanger. I think my mechanic said 13mm ff

How does it look then?

I was just gonna say maybe takes 13mm wrench or socket, but the bolts are smaller as I recall.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
1 registered (Bigmd), 57 Guests and 33 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 32
speedfreak 28
Bellwestern80 27
LordAeneas 23
PrincePolaris 21
a_d_a_m 19
GM_Guy 16
Traffic22 16
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!