Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#4092434 - 01/20/21 12:12 PM Re: RideTech coilovers - an update [Re: a_d_a_m]
SpitShine_PL Offline

Loc: Poznan, Poland
Took a backhoe to this thread, granted, but having seen the ADTR front coilovers for -02 models, I stumbled upon a less expensive alternative:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-02-Crown-V...LB/284107599352

Any thoughts? I already heard that the Viking shocks there have side tabs to use the original holes in the lower control arms, and thus requiring no modification or replacement of the original lower control arms.

Edited by SpitShine_PL (01/20/21 12:34 PM)
"Gassy Grandma" (has dual fuel gas/LPG): '02 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP, Silver Frost: runs, drives and currently with mods in progress (headlight relay and wiring upgrade, H1 projector headlights, Bilsteins B6 all around, Arnott HD air springs in the rear, CHE Performance stiff tube rear control arms and Watts link)

'16 Challenger SXT Plus, V6, White like Kowalski's Vanishing Point. Because why daily a Euro car in Europe?

'15 Volvo V40 D5 Ocean Race trim coal smoker (least favorite but hella fast DD - former street appearance police car from La Spezia, Italy).

"You obviously have not been introduced to the ASTM Guidance for Profanity Gauging of Technical Services, Addendum#1, American English to Polish Scale Conversion, by which a repair done at a rate of 35 kurwas per 5 minutes means normal performance."

Links
#4092438 - 01/20/21 12:28 PM Re: RideTech coilovers - an update [Re: SpitShine_PL]
bluejay_32 Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: wny
I don't know about the coilovers, but if you delete everything after the "?" in the ebay link it will be clickable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-02-Crown-V...B/284107599352?

Originally Posted By BigNSlow
Stop watching Scotty Kilmer, he reverses evolution.

#4092444 - 01/20/21 12:34 PM Re: RideTech coilovers - an update [Re: a_d_a_m]
SpitShine_PL Offline

Yeah. Silly me. Thanks!
"Gassy Grandma" (has dual fuel gas/LPG): '02 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP, Silver Frost: runs, drives and currently with mods in progress (headlight relay and wiring upgrade, H1 projector headlights, Bilsteins B6 all around, Arnott HD air springs in the rear, CHE Performance stiff tube rear control arms and Watts link)

'16 Challenger SXT Plus, V6, White like Kowalski's Vanishing Point. Because why daily a Euro car in Europe?

'15 Volvo V40 D5 Ocean Race trim coal smoker (least favorite but hella fast DD - former street appearance police car from La Spezia, Italy).

"You obviously have not been introduced to the ASTM Guidance for Profanity Gauging of Technical Services, Addendum#1, American English to Polish Scale Conversion, by which a repair done at a rate of 35 kurwas per 5 minutes means normal performance."

#4092532 - 01/21/21 04:42 AM Re: RideTech coilovers - an update [Re: SpitShine_PL]
RocketCouch Offline
User
Poobah

Loc: So Cal
Originally Posted By SpitShine_PL
Yeah. Silly me. Thanks!

Reason why we abandoned the trunion style mount was all that weight that was once transferred to the entire lower control arm pocket where the spring sits is now being transferred to two small bolts. In our initial testing the bolts shot out causing damage to the shock body and luckily nothing more. After through bolting and lock nuting them they were better but it's still not right.

With a bolt going through parallel to the ground it's not going to launch the bolts causing suspension failure and the load is distributed across a larger area. The CPP/Viking system may be okay for you but we don't feel comfortable selling a kit like that.

#4092600 - 01/21/21 03:52 PM Re: RideTech coilovers - an update [Re: a_d_a_m]
mkupper84 Offline
n00b

Loc: CA
I just installed Ridetech front and rear from adtr. Its truly turned it into a completely different vehicle. The handling is excellent and honestly I am shocked. (I also installed sway bars and control arms).

Having said that the ride, in my opinion is incredibly harsh with Adtr's recommended settings. This is expected on rough roads but you still feel every single divot and pebble on smooth roads.

Right now I set my car to the softest setting that Ridetech recommends and am pretty happy with it as a commuter. Not as marshmallow cloud soft as stock but kinda sorta resembling elements of it.

The nice thing is I could adjust the shocks with my wheels on so on the weekends I could adjust all four shocks in two minutes without any tools.

The installation was easy enough and the hardest portion for me was installing the camber bolts. (I still have new watts links from ADTR that I havn't put on yet)

I only have 200 miles on everything so I can't speak longevity but if your trying to build a race car and all the negatives that come with it I highly recommend this.....lol just make sure thats what you want.

Chris at ADTR was excellent to work with from start to finish.

Edited by mkupper84 (01/21/21 04:00 PM)

#4092756 - 01/22/21 10:57 AM Re: RideTech coilovers - an update [Re: a_d_a_m]
SpitShine_PL Offline

I suspected there might be an engineering issue by which the cheaper solution would be worse. Oh, well, gotta fork out more dough.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Who's Online
2 registered (Old_Guy_Stu, D_nor), 70 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 32
speedfreak 28
Bellwestern80 27
LordAeneas 23
PrincePolaris 21
a_d_a_m 19
GM_Guy 16
Traffic22 16
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!