Camshafts are on the bucket list. I have a few questions and a few requirements for them. Hopefully my requirements won't make the options too narrow (or nonexistent). Here goes.
1. The signature idle you get from cams. Very important.
2. Daily drivable. As much as I want to make this thing a street hot rod, I gotta be able to take it here and there.
3. Supercharger-compatible. When I have money I'm gonna supercharge this sucker (preferably Tork Tech). If this isn't possible and I'll have to swap them out, just say that.
1. What supporting mods do I need? I'm doing a manual & 3.73 swap before cams, so torque converter eliminated. Only contributing mod right now is a 2-2.5" free-flow catback (+ a driver-side cat that hollowed itself out). No doubt I'm gonna need a tune too.
2. DIY-ability? Is this something a dude can do in his driveway or best left to the pros? I've heard the valve cover gasket is a PITA to get off. Will send them out to be degree'd because I can't do that.
Appreciate y'all, and thanks for any responses.
Edited by YoungP71dude (02/19/21 08:22 PM)
Easily the youngest Panther owner on the planet. 2004 P71 - 8/12/2019-present
- Teenager-owned and maintained Ex-Sheriff Car w/ 88K miles
2.5" Catback Dual Exhaust; Posi 3.73 & Manual on the wishlist
Noico Sound Deadening
$370 Maaco Black Paint Job (self prep work)
Plowed by a minivan and still running better than ever.
Currently in a "Mad Max" state.
Your imagination, DIY skills and wallet are the only limits when it comes to modifying a Panther car.