Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2927450 - 11/07/15 01:12 AM What is the best carpet kit to buy ?
fomoco4me Offline
Rookie

Loc: Maine
I need to replace my carpet in my 75 Ford LTD. I have been looking at replacement molded carpet kits. The reviews have been terrible! Newark and ACC seem to be the most popular. What have you folks used that fits well,is worth the money and which vendor is the least expensive to buy from. Thanks.

#2927559 - 11/07/15 08:51 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
stalag Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: Columbus, OH
You often get what you pay for. It depends on the length of service you expect out of the car. If you are intending to keep the car for a very long time, spring for the better product even though more expensive. The cheap carpet with the poor reviews should be a warning.

#3076929 - 02/21/16 09:20 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
h8m3 Offline
Rookie

Loc: New Jersey
http://www.stockinteriors.com/items.asp?...Victoria_Carpet

This is the carpet kit I'm going to invest in, I'll let you know how it goes!

2006 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

#3077121 - 02/21/16 11:08 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
hot__box Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Gulf South
I was thinking about this, which looks damn close to what h8m3 posted.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5993865&cc=1432106&jsn=516

It literally looks like the same exact carpet.. but it's double the price.. wtf2

Has anyone had experience with any of these carpets??

#3077225 - 02/21/16 11:58 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
MercRoller Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: Corryton, Tn
Probably is the same, Rock auto marked it up more.

2008 Grand Marquis 53k 2004 Silverado 1500 150k 2015 Cruze 42k

Quote:
The tiger and lion may be more powerful, but the wolf doesn’t perform in the circus

#3082729 - 02/24/16 06:00 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
hot__box Offline
Over the Hill

Update: After doing some research it looks like the rock auto version is actually cheaper. The stock interiors one is 136$ but if you want it to be plush/have mass backing/etc etc then it cost quite a bit more than rock auto. Once I decide on what color I want, I'll get the carpet from rock auto and report back !

#3085241 - 02/26/16 07:35 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
hot__box Offline
Over the Hill

Actually I'm having second thoughts.. I'm reading pretty bad reviews about ACC, the brand of carpet at rock auto (and most likely stock interiors as well?) ..

The carpet is pretty expensive to throw away if it's garbage.. has anyone used carpet by ACC? Is it of good quality? Many bad reviews state it's pretty much not molded at all.. making it extremely difficult to install..

#3085257 - 02/26/16 07:44 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: hot__box]
Chaplian Offline

Insert witty title here
Poobah

Loc: Chicago, IL
Originally Posted By garndreadz
Actually I'm having second thoughts.. I'm reading pretty bad reviews about ACC, the brand of carpet at rock auto (and most likely stock interiors as well?) ..

The carpet is pretty expensive to throw away if it's garbage.. has anyone used carpet by ACC? Is it of good quality? Many bad reviews state it's pretty much not molded at all.. making it extremely difficult to install..

I could have sworn Pier (2004_P71) bought new carpet. He's probably the guy to talk to.

2011 Crown Vic LX- 78,xxx.
2003 Crown Vic HPP- 235,xxx miles. Retired.
1995 Impala SS- 29xxx miles. The Lovely Lady
2003 BMW 325i Wagon- 8250 RPM redline. Complete M3 drivetrain, suspension, and electronics. Taylor Swift.
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatchback- 90,xxxx miles. 2.5L, fully loaded. The Daily Grind.

#3085545 - 02/26/16 11:05 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
2007CrownVic Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Canada
ACC is supposed to be some of the best stuff out there. It's hard to get away from it because pretty much every vendor gets their product from ACC. Even cheap sellers on ebay ship directly from them.

#3085585 - 02/27/16 12:21 AM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: Chaplian]
2004_p71 Offline

no replacement for displacement
Posting Addict

Loc: Quebec Canada
Originally Posted By Chaplian
I could have sworn Pier (2004_P71) bought new carpet. He's probably the guy to talk to.

Oh I did smile

260$ from tasca ford ..best money ever spent on !

Best time 13.079 @ 105 1.8 60'
Hunting for flat 12's in 2023 !

#3086457 - 02/27/16 03:20 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
hot__box Offline
Over the Hill

it appears that carpet is discontinued. Aftermarket may be my only choice.

#3089145 - 02/29/16 05:38 AM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: hot__box]
Ponyguy Offline

Grand Poobah

Loc: Oswego, IL
Originally Posted By h8m3
http://www.stockinteriors.com/items.asp?...Victoria_Carpet

This is the carpet kit I'm going to invest in, I'll let you know how it goes!

I was thinking about this, which looks damn close to what h8m3 posted.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5993865&cc=1432106&jsn=516

It literally looks like the same exact carpet.. but it's double the price.. wtf2

Has anyone had experience with any of these carpets??

it appears that [OEM] carpet is discontinued. Aftermarket may be my only choice.

Before you guys write any checks or submit and credit card numbers, ask the sellers for samples to see just what sort of carpeting you'll be getting. Get samples of both the expensive stuff as well as the cheap stuff, in a few colors. Most places will be happy to sample a prospective customer for free. And in addition to color, find out the texture, style and "weight" of the carpeting you'll be getting; back in the days of "de-contenting" Ford changed the carpeting from a decent "13.5 ounce" to pretty sleazy ~"12 ounce."
Thicker carpet weighs more, and feels much more luxurious underfoot, like the carpeting in a Town Car Cartier, or Cadillac CT6, or a Mercedes S-Class. Get the best underlayment/padding available, too.

Good luck, Gentlemen! And, as always, PICS are mandatory! (before and after, if you can...)

So, I read the rules. Now I'm even more confused.

My transportation sources:
1972 Green Schwinn Speedster;
1984 Canyon Red Mustang V-6;
2004 Gold Ash GMQ LS Ultimate Edition, (Traded away, sadly);
2018 Metallic Blue Fusion Platinum Hybrid Energie Edition.

#3102673 - 03/08/16 04:27 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
hot__box Offline
Over the Hill

Just figured I'd share my carpet experience here too, for the OP, and anyone else who may have been reading this topic and wanted an update.

ACC [Auto Custom Carpets]

I bought the "Essex" Super Plush Carpet from rock auto, of course it is manufactured by Rock Auto. If you've been keeping up with this thread you know that I said I and others have been reading reviews for ACC carpets and they aren't that good. i can testify that they should be heeded.

I have truly mixed feelings about this, from the installed and completed standpoint, I'm mostly satisfied with the final result, and that's all that matters. However, looking at it as a "looking to buy carpet for my car" standpoint, here's what you should know.

I bought the carpet WITH mass backing/padding and WITHOUT helped (pointless to me as I bought floor mats to go with the carpet. The quality is nice, it seems to be about the thickness of OEM carpet, and is "plush".. not as plush as shag carpet for instance, but is of decent 'plushness'.. The color is beautiful and is quite close to the color palette provided by the retailer.

The carpet came crammed in a small box. As per instructions, I popped the contours into place and let it sit for some hours.. and then some. I actually let it sit overnight, as it was too late to start on the project anyways. The carpet is way oversized, but it's made oversized and intended for you (the buyer) to trim it to your exact needs. I was expecting to have to work with it a little. no big deal.

The real issue is in the mold. The mold for this carpet is funky as week old gym socks.. I have no idea what car they used to make this mold but I sure don't think it was a Crown victoria. it seems that even with the carpet trimmed and in place in the front, the dimensions for the rear floorboard are off. The countless bad reviews online can attest to this. It took a lot of effort to get the carpet to fit cleanly and even then i had to so some surgery to get it to look right. The carpet will not work with you, it will fight you to the death. I think next time I'll get a house rug and shape it to the contour of the car.. LOL..

My final verdict:
Quality: Decent/good
Color pigment: Good
Molding: poor/bad
Ease of installation: Moderate, with the correct tools and a helper
Price: not the cheapest thing you will ever buy. But carpet in any form is expensive.
Would buy again?: No, unless absolutely necessary
Satisfaction: yes, now that the installation is over I think the car looks 100x better, feels a lot more comfortable, and smells better.

for pics you can click on 2006 P71 in my sig and you'll have all the carpet pics you'd ever want to see and more.

#4103426 - 03/30/21 08:16 PM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
Darkant Offline
n00b

Loc: NJ
5 years later does anyone have any additional input and/or experience with carpeting. How hard is it to buy a remnant and piece it together for the car?

#4103496 - 03/31/21 10:33 AM Re: What is the best carpet kit to buy ? [Re: fomoco4me]
VoodooChild Offline
Rookie

Loc: Northeast
I got a practically mint one out of the junk yard from an elderly owned vic, $25. Just gotta get lucky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  88grandmarq, RF_Overlord 
Who's Online
2 registered (RipWixomAssembly, Swirlsound), 104 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 31
speedfreak 27
Bellwestern80 25
LordAeneas 23
PrincePolaris 20
a_d_a_m 17
GM_Guy 16
Traffic22 15
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!