Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4120810 - 09/14/21 09:51 AM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
AlleyG Offline
Climber

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I was just messing with ya, lol!

I would just find a proper battery hold down from the junkyard. Moving the battery to the trunk, although it seems good on paper, typically causes all kinds of charging issues. You really have to have experience with electrical for that to be successful.

You don't want to have the car not start, then have to figure out why, because it's not a factory setup you're on your own.

I have a LOT of experience modifying cars, but I wouldn't do it if my life depended on it. Everything in the car relies on that charging system.

Al
Previous Fords:
1988 T-Bird, 1995 T-Bird, 1996 Cougar

#4122600 - 09/28/21 09:37 AM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
MIAMI-DADE Offline
Poobah

Loc: Miami Beach&Brooklyn N.Y.
Welcome from Miami&NYC!!

Awesome story! Glad you and your Vic are doing a lot better!!

05 Crown Vic/LX/260K miles [sold]
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe LT

#4125282 - 10/22/21 11:55 AM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
YoungP71dude Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Aight y'all, more update time.

Two days ago, we got our parts car up from Florida. If I haven't previously described it, it's an ex-School District Patrol car from West Palm Beach. Still in full police livery. '04 with 215K miles and aethestically beat to crap. Still runs though, and is wicked loud. Seems like someone stole not just the catalytic converters, but the whole dang exhaust system (minus the manifolds). We had a fun adventure getting it off the ramp and into the driveway. If you ever disconnected the jumper cables, the car would die. So we reversed the car off the ramp, into the driveway, while having my car follow it with the jumper cables still attached. It eventually ran on its own power without a battery or jumper cables. So I'll give it a small test drive around the neighborhood soon before I take it apart (I'm aware driving a car with "police" visible is illegal, but we're far out of town enough to where either no one is around or isn't gonna care. All the people who live out here are usually retired missionaries). I'll salvage the parts I need, plus a little extra, like the black interior. And they may or may not have left the siren on it. I'm not gonna do any impersonating, but it would be great for blasting something stupid like Despacito. I don't know of any cops that would do that so I hope that passes. Then I'll gradually sell the parts I don't need, and the parts car will become the new Mad Max car and I can have the best of both worlds. I'll have a full car to drive again and I'll still be able to drive a stripped down version whenever I wish.

Once my main car is restored to its former glory, I can get back on track with my plans for this car, like a manual swap and gears. Then I have a whole giant go-kart of a parts car to have fun with as well. Maybe I'll put a fat chop-chop cam on it, I don't know.

2004 P71 - 8/12/2019-present - Teenager-owned and maintained Ex-Sheriff Car w/ 92K miles
- 2.5" Catback Dual Exhaust; Posi 3.73 & Manual on the wishlist
- Noico Sound Deadening; Dual Skar VD-10 Subwoofers
- Repainted to Black by Maaco & I
- Plowed by a minivan and still running better than ever.
- Needs the front end painted.
2004 P71 - 10/2021-present - Ex-Palm Beach County School District Car w/ 215K miles
- Parts bin car, currently has almost all body panels removed
- Future kart project
- Wakes up the east side of China due to not having any exhaust

Your imagination, DIY skills and wallet are the only limits when it comes to modifying a Panther car.

#4125284 - 10/22/21 11:59 AM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
YoungP71dude Offline

And I forgot to mention, some few weeks ago I decided to drop in a set of subwoofers. Been meaning to do this for a while now, and I'm glad I did. Reused my dad's old subwoofer box from when he was in high school, and dropped two Skar Audio VD-10 shallow mount subs in. And they hit hard. It's tight with good sound quality, and it's loud enough when you need it. I'm going for sound quality > loud, so I'm content with this setup. One of the few things I've done to this car before it even gets fully fixed. Kinda funny to me.

2004 P71 - 8/12/2019-present - Teenager-owned and maintained Ex-Sheriff Car w/ 92K miles
2004 P71 - 10/2021-present - Ex-Palm Beach County School District Car w/ 215K miles
- Future kart project

Your imagination, DIY skills and wallet are the only limits when it comes to modifying a Panther car.

#4125326 - 10/22/21 03:39 PM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
Old_Guy_Stu Online   drunk

Over the Hill

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Don't screw the mounting straps into the gas tank!

1988 CVLX Formal Roof (Love Boat) POTM July 2019, Aug 2020, & Oct 2021, 58K
E-code lights w/ relays, LEDs w/ switchbacks, 15x8 Ansen slots w/ 255/60 BFG's, Kenwood stereo, various hacks.
This, of course, was merely the semi-delirious notion of a fever-patient, but I remember that it struck me at the time as being eminently practical and feasible.

#4129212 - 12/01/21 05:11 PM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
YoungP71dude Offline

Aight, it's been a solid while since I posted an update.

All the needed body panels are back on my main Vic now, and the parts car is slowly turning into what I like to call the "NASKART". It's basically a giant go-kart with no body panels and no exhaust. It currently resides at my grandparent's house, who live far out enough in the country to where nobody is gonna care about the NASKART. Anyways, parts back on my car. All prepped for paint, I'm waiting for Maaco's holiday deals to come around so I can get a good price. I also swapped most of the black interior from the parts car into my car. Begone with the ugly Beige interior. Once we got the outside done, it's back to the original roadmap: manual swap & gears, and other things like coilovers, wheels, the whole shebang. My primary job is on its off-season now though so it's time to find a new way to make money. It's been a journey and a half in the past 2.5 years with this car, and I couldn't be prouder. Looking back now, the accident was more of a minor inconvenience than anything, and it was a fun challenge to take on. God has a nice way of having an ultimate purpose for every event that happens.

I also may have hooked up an amp and a microphone to the siren speaker and made a PA system. It remains publicly unused, I've only used it to mess with my friends, for outdoor gatherings, or as a party trick. Until I learn otherwise, it's illegal to have a siren on your car, but it isn't illegal to have a PA/megaphone system on your car.

- Future kart project

#4130642 - 12/17/21 02:15 PM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
Tenevic_P71 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: US
Originally Posted By YoungP71dude
I also may have hooked up an amp and a microphone to the siren speaker and made a PA system. It remains publicly unused, I've only used it to mess with my friends, for outdoor gatherings, or as a party trick. Until I learn otherwise, it's illegal to have a siren on your car, but it isn't illegal to have a PA/megaphone system on your car.

In high school I bought a truck with just a siren speaker left over from police use. Hooked a CB radio to it as a megaphone. Didn't take long for me to remove it cause my friends wouldn't shut the [censored] up on the speaker, trying to make us look like a bunch of morons.

#4130664 - 12/17/21 07:27 PM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
SocalSam Online   content
Over the Hill

Loc: SFV, Calif.
Good job young man. Your car choice is well beyond your years. Victoria saved you in that accident. Treat her well and she will take care of you.
2004 CV LX Sport #2, 121,000 miles -- Current
2008 CVPI Arizona Beige, 121,000 miles, 677 idle hours -- Current
Option Adds: Message Center Instrument Cluster , Re-Key Locks , Passenger Door Lock , Autolamps , Ballistic Panels

#4132072 - 01/04/22 06:28 PM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
YoungP71dude Offline

Time for another entry in the Vic journey. We drove it to Ohio and back this Christmas for another round, which was really happy for me as it's lived to see a second trip up north. No fuss, carried all our luggage, and still rode like a dream. I also got it aligned at Firestone a couple weeks back since it's needed an alignment for a while (even before the accident). Firestone essentially told me my tires were clapped. I already knew that part, but anyways I got some new wheels today. OEM 2012 Mustang 19x8.5 wheels, got 'em used and they came with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. They're so much better than the stock Eagle Pursuit tires. They're butter smooth but they stick like glue. The wheels themselves also look sick. But yeah, that's that. My next few plans are to get the front end repainted ($450), swap a manual in (hoping ~$2,000), and Firestone noted possible damage to subframe, which is slightly worrying considering the car drives fine but something could be wrong. So I'll look into that, have a frame shop take a look, and take it as it comes. Ends come to ends, I got a parts car with a perfectly fine frame/subframe.

Click to reveal...

(All I did on the below picture was dehaze it in Lightroom but it gave it a really cool rosy aesthetic.)

- Future kart project

#4133054 - 01/16/22 12:23 AM Re: A love story between a kid and his Crown Vic [Re: YoungP71dude]
Danger2manifold Offline

Loc: Little Poland, CT
Dude those wheels are gonna look dope as hell on your vic!!!
1999 Crown Victoria LX - Toreador red, 18x8 Anthracite Torq Thrust M's, AEM Dryflow panel filter, 2.25" H-pipe dual exhaust with H-pipe, Magnaflow XL mufflers, Marauder style tips, Moroso catch can, Kenwood KMM-BT225U head unit, PPI A600/4 4-channel amplifier, PPI i650.1 monoblock amplifier, big 3 upgrade, Pioneer 6x8 2-way speakers, two 12" JBL subs in sealed enclosures, 2/2019 to present

Past Rides:
2003 Buick Regal GS Joseph Abboud edition - as close to a Grand National as I'll probably get, traded in 2/2019
1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature - 1st car ever bought, dubbed "The Emancipator" by friends, rear ended and totalled in 5/2016
2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL - passed to me by the folks, handed down to younger brother in 2/2015

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BigMerc96 
Who's Online
1 registered (HDmech), 33 Guests and 70 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 70
SocalSam 63
Old_Guy_Stu 57
hot__box 56
a_d_a_m 55
2011CVPI 53
RF_Overlord 41
Dmblanch 38
GrumpMarky 37
hkerekes 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!