Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
Then_and_Now.jpg
1988 Country Squire
Then and Now
Other images in post
Image Details
Poster PaulyPeligroso Offline
Posted 05/01/21 12:00 PM
Description
This was in Amado, AZ in some mechanics front yard. His wife's parents bought it of the year and, after her father died in '94, it sat until my parents found it and bought it for $500 in 2005. It only had 12k original miles on it (we are currently sitting on 40K). I bought it off my mom in 2011 when I started a family. I haven't done a whole bunch to it as I wanted to keep it as OEM as possible being that I daily this when I can. Put a 3 ball shifter and sarape seat covers. I lowered it by cutting the springs and adding shorter shocks. Still feels like I'm on a La-Z-Boy driving a boat. Put some 2 1/2 inch white walls with some dog dishes from a 1955 Ford. I added true dual FlowMaster exhaust. Sprayed it with a primer and threw pinstripes on that. All I have to do is wax the primer (I know) and it looks new. I did a tune-up kit with MSD ignition coil, distributor cap, and plugs connected with Ford Racing wires. Added a cold-air intake for a '92 Crown Vic and put a smaller overflow bottle for more air flow. Put in a chrome dipstick, added a 302 High Po oil cap, painted (torch red) the valve covers, intake, res can, and underside of the hood to match the rims and slapped 5.0 emblems on cause I love explaining to people it's a Low Output 302. Tossed an Apline deck with JBL mids and a 12 inch sub in the back. Adding on some shorty Mustang headers this week and probably gonna drop an aluminum radiator soon because Arizona.
Dimensions 1200x1200
Size 1.16 MB
UBBCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Comments
#4107304 - 05/03/21 10:55 AM Re: 1988 Country Squire [Re: PaulyPeligroso]
Justin McCarter Offline
Climber

Loc: Fredericksburg VA
nice, i like the lowering idea, do you have a thread for cutting the coils how many from the front and rear, and where did you find part numbers for the shorter shocks
!!deceased!!! 1990 Crown vic GT A9L MAF computer conversion 347 stroker, F303 cam, T5 5speed trans. big brakes , disk rear._- Stock heads and intake [email protected] 4k [email protected] 2-3.4k !!!deceased!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mccarterjg

#4107406 - 05/03/21 08:00 PM Re: 1988 Country Squire [Re: PaulyPeligroso]
PaulyPeligroso Offline
Stranger

Loc: Arizona
That was a while ago, but I cut about 3 inches off each coil. Then I just told the parts guy that I took off 3 inches off and need something shorter. From what I remember, I think the OEM shocks are like 14.5 inches. So I have 10 or 12 inch shocks now to compensate.

Moderator:  88grandmarq, Mperson, RF_Overlord 
Who's Online
8 registered (SevenThreeSwapP7, Muse, 02_LSE, Davidzq, cambels704, 1 invisible), 42 Guests and 261 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 132
Old_Guy_Stu 85
Ponyguy 71
Moby_Vic 63
JeffBoudah 49
Dmblanch 48
DudeAbides 46
a_d_a_m 43
Davidzq 37
GM_Guy 29
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!