Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#4111378 - 06/01/21 02:46 PM Is it okay to offer a free CV here, in this area?
Aimless Offline
Stranger

Loc: California
Hi,I used to be on here, as ? Salesman07 or something like that, I knew a lot about the CNG CV's, so used to post about them. Can't remember.. exact name or login or PW, so had to start a new one.

I really don't know where to post this, it's for my Crown Vic, offering it for free, so not sure if it's a classified, but I can't post there. I really don't want just anyone to have it, would prefer a CV guy or girl to get it. It's not worth a lot, but there are some cool things about it, so thought it should go to someone who values those things.

So I got divorced and moved my venerable,(over 200k mile,) Vic to a friends house. Problem is, it has now sat there for about 3 years and he wants it gone. Can't blame him! So I have been a lousy friend and should have sold it but now I just need to move it quick. I am in Southern California.

It's a 1999 P72. Gold/bronze color, was used by a company called Clean Energy for many years as their engineering managers car, and then I bought it and ran it for another 80k. It runs, drives and is in fair condition. (engine runs perfect, brakes are good, shocks "were" good, everything works, (worked.) It's just been parked.

Since it's CNG, it will start with no issues, and can be driven away. And did I mention it's free? It has the V6 Mustang wheels from 2011 or so, and a nice Kenwood stereo and all the speakers are infinity reference. Interior is upgraded from an LX that I had, all velour tan... but 3 years of small animals mean that a good fogging will be needed. I started it for the first time in 2.5 years, about 6 months ago.. turned the ignition switch and 3 cranks and it was running, no problem, and it has a half tank of fuel.

The bad: had the hood up, to keep rodents out of engine area.. windstorm blew hood up, cracked the windshield. but it's bent back down for now. tires hold air and tread is 80% + but are old and dry. The rear end was rebuilt about 1k miles ago by san diego driveline, so it's like new. trans will occasionally drip a couple drops... started after I rebuilt the rear end.

Oh, and big bad thing, not registered since... 2015 or 2016... so is really good as a parts car, just the wheels, stereo, and light assemblies ought to be worth several hundred $. Or if someone wants to get this baby going again, would need to spend a bit on back registration.

So, does a free CV posting count as a classified or for sale item? I wasn't sure, so stuck it in here, hoping for a home for my last of 4 CV's. I still have my GM, so not going panther-less.... Oh, and I have a few pics, will try to post them... Okay, don't have hosting so will just email to anyone that wants them, or if someone who has pic hosting can put them up in this thread, that would help... Dave
Have owned (1) P71, (3) P72's, (1) P73. Looking for my first P74. Currently driving my 06 Marquis on CNG. And unfortunately, couldn't pass the opportunity to buy an 02 Sable LS, 49k miles, flawless garaged grandpa car for $2k. Guess I am an Old Guy now. Also have a supercharged Harley Davidson F-150 parked in the garage...

#4111386 - 06/01/21 03:32 PM Re: Is it okay to offer a free CV here, in this area? [Re: Aimless]
Davidzq Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Too far away for me...
But could I get the VIN?
Don't see too many P72s around.

2008 P71, Norsea Blue SAP
-Message Center cluster retrofit
-Towncar Signature L heated power seats
-Long overhead console
-Compustar remote start/security

#4111390 - 06/01/21 03:42 PM Re: Is it okay to offer a free CV here, in this area? [Re: Aimless]
Aimless Offline
Stranger

Loc: California
Hi David,

Sure, I will get it for you in a couple days, am at my girlfriends today/tomorrow, but will be back to my house and desk shortly and can get it off the registration. I am pretty sure it's a P72. I know it's not a P71 or P74... and the standard is the P73, and I know it's not that either.. I think I remember it being a P72, because it was a fleet vehicle purchase, from Ford.. so same as a taxicab or city vehicle, that's not destined for Police
Service. If you don't hear from me by Thursday, ping me, I will have just been busy and forgotten. Dave P.S. I used to live up there... bothell, Mill Creek, Paradise Lake (across from Maltby Cafe.) Used to work for Washington Natural Gas (do you remember the blue flame building near Lake Union?) before it got sucked into Puget Power and became Puget Sound Energy. Love the NW!
Have owned (1) P71, (3) P72's, (1) P73. Looking for my first P74. Currently driving my 06 Marquis on CNG. And unfortunately, couldn't pass the opportunity to buy an 02 Sable LS, 49k miles, flawless garaged grandpa car for $2k. Guess I am an Old Guy now. Also have a supercharged Harley Davidson F-150 parked in the garage...

#4111634 - 06/04/21 07:51 AM Re: Is it okay to offer a free CV here, in this area? [Re: Aimless]
a_d_a_m Offline

3 Orange Whips
Metroplectic

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Normally we'd frown upon such activity, but I'll let this one slide.

'91 LTD Country Squire (POTM Mar. '19) | '03 Marauder (POTM Nov. '10, Jul. '20) | 2010 P7B (POTM Feb. '21)
formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 (POTM Feb. '18), '04 CVLX (POTM Jun. '19 and the best car ever), '03 SAP P71

Moderator:  BigMerc96, Chaplian 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 297 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 111
Old_Guy_Stu 85
Ponyguy 62
a_d_a_m 58
Moby_Vic 56
Dmblanch 46
DudeAbides 41
JeffBoudah 36
Lance01 35
Davidzq 33
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!