Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#4111970 - 06/08/21 03:23 PM '98 TC - Coil Spring Seats (Insulators) for Front
tadams Offline
Stranger

Loc: TN
I've done a search but couldn't find any discussion on this topic.

I'm needing to go through the entire suspension and steering components. FedEx lost my initial order of Moog K160066 Coil Spring Seats so that has given me an opportunity to swing the bat, once more. In doing so, I see several different options out there but am unsure about which to get.

Has anyone else used any seats that might be a 1" or more lift? My factory springs are a little saggy, so I'm replacing my springs with a factory equivalent Moog 9114 set but I wouldn't mind a little bit of additional rise; if it doesn't cost me, elsewhere.

The only other changes I'm making from a factory replacement equivalent are Bilstein B6 shocks, the ADTR Front/Rear Sway Bars. Probable future ADTR Heinous Rear Control Arms, and improved watts link. I'm using the Arnott A-2220k Air Springs to replace the rear, along with a Monroe OE Spectrum rear shock.

From what I have gathered, the factory air system will level the car, front to rear, no matter a small difference in ride height.

Is such a thing even worth trying? Anybody else had success with a particular one?

Edited by tadams (06/08/21 04:22 PM)

Links
#4112006 - 06/08/21 09:37 PM Re: '98 TC - Coil Spring Seats (Insulators) for Front [Re: tadams]
2008interceptor Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Pennsylvania
There are the poly isolators instead of rubber, by energy suspension. Which should keep their shape and handle well longer. I believe you do gain some height, 1/4" if you replace them top and bottom. If yours are original even rubber ones are likely to bring it up some. I used the ens or energy suspension isolators in back on my 08 P71. I would have done front too were they available. I ended up using kyb's front isolators as 03+ went to struts. Which did raise it vs the old ones with 150k on them. One thing why are you planning on using Bilstein only in the front? Sounds like you will have a nice suspension setup. I ran those HD arnott springs on my 98 as well.

Edited by 2008interceptor (06/08/21 09:50 PM)

#4112010 - 06/08/21 11:33 PM Re: '98 TC - Coil Spring Seats (Insulators) for Front [Re: 2008interceptor]
tadams Offline
Stranger

Originally Posted By 2008interceptor
...I believe you do gain some height, 1/4" if you replace them top and bottom. I used the ens or energy suspension isolators in back on my 08 P71. I would have done front too were they available.

Do you recall which model that was? I'm putting in a call to them tomorrow. I think I see some for the F-150 chassis that will also work but want to confirm. It looks like there's a possibility of a .75" and a 1", too?

One thing why are you planning on using Bilstein only in the front? Sounds like you will have a nice suspension setup. I ran those HD arnott springs on my 98 as well.
Thank you! I'm due a complete abdominal reconstruction surgery and could benefit from the car sitting back to non-saggy normal but would like it just a bit taller. I'm keeping the Monroe OE Spectrum in the rear, for now, because I believe the air springs will compensate for the difference in front height thereby carrying a bit greater pressure and I want to see what that feels like before I switch it up. There's less than 2k miles on the Monroe.

#4112014 - 06/09/21 01:05 AM Re: '98 TC - Coil Spring Seats (Insulators) for Front [Re: tadams]
2008interceptor Offline
Over the Hill

Gotcha yeah I can see that. Here is a post talking about a few different thicknesses that fit on the rear. Though the one mentioned, 9.6101 is what is listed for the front of 98-02 Panthers, crown vics etc.. So the other part numbers in the post should still apply.

#4112028 - 06/09/21 09:02 AM Re: '98 TC - Coil Spring Seats (Insulators) for Front [Re: 2008interceptor]
tadams Offline
Stranger

...Here is a post talking about a few different thicknesses that fit on the rear. Though the one mentioned, 9.6101 is what is listed for the front of 98-02 Panthers, crown vics etc.. So the other part numbers in the post should still apply.
That link didn't come through. I did just do a search using the "9.6101" parameter and found 3 prior posts but am not seeing what you're referring to. Of course, I'm only concerned in raising the front a bit and letting the rear bag compensate. Maybe I'm overlooking something in the links that I'm seeing?

#4112044 - 06/09/21 12:29 PM Re: '98 TC - Coil Spring Seats (Insulators) for Front [Re: tadams]
tadams Offline
Stranger

After speaking with Energy Suspension this morning, I believe I'm going to go with a pair of stock seats(isolators) on the bottom and a pair of Energy's 9.6120 on the top.(or flip them) The other option I see would be to use a Moog K160063 on the bottom, along with the Energy 9.6120. Either way, this should provide for a total rise of about 3/8" - 1/2" above stock height, once it all settles in. Hopefully they won't squeak too bad! shrug

Edited by tadams (06/09/21 12:37 PM)

#4112064 - 06/09/21 08:46 PM Re: '98 TC - Coil Spring Seats (Insulators) for Front [Re: tadams]
2008interceptor Offline
Over the Hill

Nice go with the black ones (graphite impregnated) to be sure. I have no squeak from my red ones even, doubt you ever would with spring isolators at the top and or bottom though.

#4112072 - 06/09/21 10:08 PM Re: '98 TC - Coil Spring Seats (Insulators) for Front [Re: 2008interceptor]
tadams Offline
Stranger

Nice go with the black ones (graphite impregnated) to be sure.

I did! Got another pair of K160066 AND the 9.6120G pair ordered and ended up only spending $4 more than my initial Rock Auto order on the Moog pieces, alone! Can't wait to get the rest of all this steering and suspension work installed next week! I'm finishing up the front end first, along with the rear sway bar. Next comes the new air springs, solenoids, dryer, heinous control arms, and possibly the Metco Watts Link. It'll be nice to have a tight car; better than it ever was! Thanks for helping me through it!

For reference purposes, if anyone catches this in a future search, I also found the following info for adjusting the rear end height with the stock air suspension: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72546

Who's Online
5 registered (Davidzq, BlackNFast, WESTCOASTP71, hot__box, 1 invisible), 43 Guests and 261 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 111
Old_Guy_Stu 85
Ponyguy 62
a_d_a_m 58
Moby_Vic 56
Dmblanch 46
DudeAbides 41
JeffBoudah 36
Lance01 35
GM_Guy 32
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!