Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#4116412 - 07/27/21 12:50 PM Re: Cooling The Transmission Hard Use [Re: hkerekes]
Traffic22 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By hkerekes
I believe that is what that is. Mine definetly doesnt have it in it anymore, it takes it forever to heat up unless you start beating on it.

The griffin radiator/transcooler will be in before our next race in a month. Im really hoping that the derale cooler and the radiator will be enough. That should be a good setup if you choose to go that route. The radiator was only $350. 33x19x3 so its not exactly small and allegedly will support 900+ hp

The bottom radiator hose is 1 3/4 so an adapter will be required, and the top vent line works off the cap, so you can just take the spring off the cap and essentially make it work just like the factory setup.
I will post pics when its done.

That’s awesome, can’t wait to see it.

Links
#4116520 - 07/28/21 09:21 PM Re: Cooling The Transmission Hard Use [Re: Traffic22]
hkerekes Offline

Loc: NC
The radiator, a 24g fuel cell, and 6 point belts are going to be our next race upgrades. We only have 3.5 weeks left and that goes by quick. There is a small chance the 6 piston wilwood setup will be done but thats really doubtful. I am trying to partner with someone to sell the kit if it works out as a budget setup.

The stock tank is really hindering us and it has definitely cost us a first place finish. ( which we would have won $470 in tires with). The radiator was also holding us back, we had to keep backing off of it. The seat belts are just a quality of life upgrade, as i [censored] despise our 5 point latch belts. They dont adjust well, are a pain in the balls to latch, and the 5 point setup sucks. You also cant really belt yourself into the car with a neck restraint on. Camlock style belts are much better in that regard. A $100 gift certificate to lifeline sealed the deal for me. Granted they were still $350 with the discount but you get what you pay for.

Edited by hkerekes (07/28/21 09:24 PM)

#4116628 - 07/29/21 07:51 PM Re: Cooling The Transmission Hard Use [Re: hkerekes]
Traffic22 Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By hkerekes
The radiator, a 24g fuel cell, and 6 point belts are going to be our next race upgrades. We only have 3.5 weeks left and that goes by quick. There is a small chance the 6 piston wilwood setup will be done but thats really doubtful. I am trying to partner with someone to sell the kit if it works out as a budget setup.

The stock tank is really hindering us and it has definitely cost us a first place finish. ( which we would have won $470 in tires with). The radiator was also holding us back, we had to keep backing off of it. The seat belts are just a quality of life upgrade, as i [censored] despise our 5 point latch belts. They dont adjust well, are a pain in the balls to latch, and the 5 point setup sucks. You also cant really belt yourself into the car with a neck restraint on. Camlock style belts are much better in that regard. A $100 gift certificate to lifeline sealed the deal for me. Granted they were still $350 with the discount but you get what you pay for.

We ditched our latch style belts before our first race. Bough them, put them in the car, practiced with them, immediately removed them. The cam lock style are so much better, you won’t regret the upgrade.

I’ll be interested to see how your fuel cell upgrade goes. We’ve considered it, because the 6 extra gallons of fuel and faster fill would be nice.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who's Online
4 registered (derekghs, smokeybandit2, Becker34, 1 invisible), 109 Guests and 142 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 102
Armada Master 92
JeffBoudah 86
Old_Guy_Stu 80
Moby_Vic 57
Dmblanch 55
SocalSam 50
a_d_a_m 50
jmlock 48
DudeAbides 43
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!