The Success Of The Mustang Mach-E Is Forcing Ford To Adjust Its Production Plans

Originally Posted By Steve Hanley @ Clean Technica.com
Nothing succeeds like success. A few years ago, Ford took a flyer on the Mustang Mach-E. I know an engineer who works for the Blue Oval team who told me in 2019 that car was more or less an afterthought, a “Let’s run it up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes” idea. Initially, Ford thought it might be able to sell 30,000 of them a year. But a funny thing happened on the way to the marketplace. Not only did plenty of people salute, they brought lots of others along with them to salute the EV flag as well. Pretty soon, Ford had a hit on its hands, one it wasn’t quite prepared for.

Now it seems the Mustang Mach-E that was going to be built in compliance-car numbers has more customers waiting for it than the company ever thought possible. First, it raised its production goal to around 70,000 a year, and now it says it is tripling that goal to 200,000 cars a year in 2023. That, in turn, is forcing the company to rethink its plans for other electric cars it has in the pipeline.

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/12/15/the...oduction-plans/

So, I read the rules. Now I'm even more confused.

My transportation sources:
1972 Green Schwinn Speedster;
1984 Canyon Red Mustang V-6;
2004 Gold Ash GMQ LS Ultimate Edition, (Traded away, sadly);
2019 Turd Brown Fusion Titanium Hybrid Energie.