Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#450964 - 05/21/04 05:01 PM Wires under the dash
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 99 CVPI formerly owned by the state of North Carolina. I recently bought it, and discovered, much to my delight, that the cigarette lighter doesn't work (Echoes of The Blues Brothers.)

Anyway, I discovered that it was merely the fuse that had blown. However, when I was under the dash poking around, I discovered 2 wires coming off of the Lighting Control module. They run off of the blue and the opaque red wire and are spliced into it. The wires are cut off at another heat connector, but I assume they used to run to something. I imagine this would be for the console that at one time would have sat in between the driver and passenger front seats but am not sure. What does it do?

Second. Just for %!$#*& and giggles, I looked under the passenger side dash and found a wire with a blue clip on the end of it not clipped into anything. About 4 inches away, securely taped onto a piece of metal, is the female end of said clip. I don't want to put the 2 together without knowing what it might do. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Links
#450965 - 05/21/04 05:17 PM Re: Wires under the dash
OpenMyThirdEye Offline

thats the dark mode plug.....

"Its always better to be known by your work rather than your face" - Maynard James Keenan

Who's Online
2 registered (f00barbob, bluejay_32), 63 Guests and 170 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 196
a_d_a_m 142
Old_Guy_Stu 124
DudeAbides 90
Ponyguy 64
CrystalPistol 48
Davidzq 47
Moby_Vic 45
LTC_Dave 39
ClayBelt 37
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!