Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#535564 - 09/08/04 03:13 PM Help identifying a loose part...
scott03vic Offline

Loc: Auburn, Georgia
Behind the parking brake pedal lies a round, gray piece that looks like a solenoid of sorts. It is hanging by wire or possibly tube that travels behind the plastic fascia apparently up to the firewall. I have not wanted to pull on it to see closer. It has a straight metal 'push rod' attached to the middle of the solenoid. The metal rod moves back and forth and pushes on the middle of said solenoid. Like a pump of some sort.
It has apparently disassociated itself with whatever it was supposed to be connected to and is just hanging there behind the PB pedal on the carpet.
Can anyone please tell me what this is and what it does and maybe where it goes so that I can save a trip to the dealer by reattaching it myself.

Many thanks,

2003 CV LX Sport
JUST THE USUAL MODS.....

Links
#535565 - 09/08/04 03:16 PM Re: Help identifying a loose part...
Colonel Offline

Grand Poobah

Loc: Louisville, KY
Go to AutoZone or similar store and by a Haynes manual.. it's standard material for vic owners.

I will see if I can find out what it is..

Quad-Cam Cop Engine, Bullet Proof Tires & Windows, Stab Proof Seats, Steel Door Beams, SuperCharger, Anti-Deer Harmonic Wheel Covers, Trunk Mounted Counterbalance System
..and many other things people told me my car is equipped with.

#535566 - 09/08/04 03:21 PM Re: Help identifying a loose part...
danatriverton Offline
Over the Hill

It probably the vacuum parking brake release.

It is supposed to automatically release the parking brake when you shift to drive.

#535567 - 09/08/04 03:51 PM Re: Help identifying a loose part...
scott03vic Offline

Loc: Auburn, Georgia
Aha! maybe that is the little beast. My car does not release the brake when I go to 'D'.

I have looked for a Haynes already and cannot find one that includes the '03's. So I figured you guys would know. I WILL have one asap though.

2003 CV LX Sport
JUST THE USUAL MODS.....

#535568 - 09/08/04 03:54 PM Re: Help identifying a loose part...
deputyPQ920 Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: The land of Mardi Gras (YUK!)
Quote:

So I figured you guys would know.

Are you kidding? There are people on this board that live to answer questions like that!

Who's Online
5 registered (Freyt, bobb, 89Rmarq, LTC_Dave, 55sunliner), 70 Guests and 255 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CrystalPistol 365
bluejay_32 309
a_d_a_m 224
Rainbowpizza 185
DudeAbides 154
JeffBoudah 120
Moby_Vic 106
Old_Guy_Stu 78
Bangster 61
BigNSlow 60
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!