Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#536239 - 09/09/04 08:30 PM Can't Get CVPI into Gear!!
jayrw123 Offline

Loc: The Big Lone Star State
I went out tonight to start the car, she started just fine. I then went to back out, but the selector is locked! I have no clue into what could possibly be wrong. This is a new one on me. Someone stated to me that they're could be an accurator like in the caprices. I know in the caprice when you depress the brake pedal, you can hear a clicking noise unlocking the gear selector allowing you to place the car into gear. Is this also true about the CV. Does it use the same setup as the Caprice. This car is going to be sold with in the next week. Thanks for the imput.

Links
#536240 - 09/09/04 08:32 PM Re: Can't Get CVPI into Gear!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

it's your BOO switch, turn key once, shift to neutral and shift to R or D. once you put it in park you will have to do the process again.

#536241 - 09/09/04 08:35 PM Re: Can't Get CVPI into Gear!!
danatriverton Offline
Over the Hill

It means that your brake light switch is either bad or a wire broken on it. You have no brake lights.

It is about 8 inches streight above your brake pedal under the dash.

Who's Online
3 registered (Moby_Vic, RocketCouch, 1 invisible), 81 Guests and 260 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CrystalPistol 362
bluejay_32 324
a_d_a_m 231
Rainbowpizza 167
DudeAbides 149
JeffBoudah 123
Moby_Vic 110
Old_Guy_Stu 79
BigNSlow 71
Bangster 61
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!