Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#6875 - 12/22/00 07:14 PM Re: Edelbrock MPFI conversion!!!!
P71Times2 Offline
Poobah

The "HO" doesn't turn you on? Ahhh, Metro LoL

Apparently you have never driven a modified '89 - '91 'stang. They are 'rude and crude', not at all civilized like our CV's..

Rough riding, loud, and it's work just to drive one. With 3.73 gears first to second under full accelerating lasts about one second, second to third is a couple more seconds of wheel spin.

I would have to take you to the hospital just to have that smile removed from your face after you drove one

#6876 - 12/22/00 08:07 PM Re: Edelbrock MPFI conversion!!!!
metroplex Offline
Metroplectic

Loc: Motor City, USA
Doh! I set myself up for that one...

THe "H.O." aspect of the 5.0 vs a non-H.O. 5.0 doesn't turn me on - I think all I need is the special camshaft, the different firing order, and the heads - i already have a 4-V performance intake manifold which should flow better than the stock H.O. intake.

In any case, I know what you mean. The Crown Vics are much more refined. The Fox Body cars are like chariots compared to the Vic. I just took my T_bird out for a spin in the snow - the exhaust is loud, the car feels like a school bus (stiff suspension) and the steering is all weird - you need to do like 2 full turns to make a 90 degree turn. The Crown VIc takes like half a turn.

I think I found what i need for the 4-bbl/AOD deal... and if I'm right I think i'll just go with a 4-bbl carb. Cheaper and faster results. I used to think the carb was at fault for hard starting in the cold weather - until I found out that I need to have a super tight seal on the butterfly to make it start w/ 1 short crank. I think somethings messed up - too bad I don't have a manual choke.

#6877 - 12/22/00 08:21 PM Re: Edelbrock MPFI conversion!!!!
P71Times2 Offline
Poobah

All you really need is the "E7" heads and the Performer carb, cam, springs, etc.. Unless you want to go all out..

My 351W Ford truck had the "V Suck" carb, along with the other 'puter stuff on it. I hated it. My guru friend told me that since he was employed by "FORD" he couldn't legally remove the stuff for me, but he told me he could "tell me" how to do it.

I couldn't believe the difference after dropping the 'puter, and installing the Performer stuff.

Just depends on how fast you want to go..

#6878 - 12/22/00 08:31 PM Re: Edelbrock MPFI conversion!!!!
metroplex Offline
Metroplectic

Actually, if I wanted to build up my 5.0 for some more power:
TFS Twisted Wedge Heads - fully ported and polished (they kill Edelbrock heads straight out - Edelbrock heads actually flowed the worst in aftermarket heads I think)
Comp Cams XE274 camshaft
Comp Cams valvetrain stuff
Forged pistons
Edelbrock 600 cfm 4-bbl

It would cost me a little more because of the heads - but that'll get me a lot more hp from the 2.02" intake and 1.60" exhaust along with the relocated valves. The camshaft also helps.

But yeah, it depends on how much I want to spend. Fordmuscle said they got 400+ hp out of their normally aspirated 5.0 and I think they said it was streetable! So that's my goal

#6879 - 12/22/00 09:07 PM Re: Edelbrock MPFI conversion!!!!
P71Times2 Offline
Poobah

You won't have ANY problem getting 400+ HP out of a N/A 5.0L.

Like I said, if you were closer we could drop my 5.0 engine in your T-Bird when my CHP engine gets here. Current engine is putting out 304 RWHP, that comes out to about 350 crank HP.. And it is almost stock

Well, it has a few minor changes to it LoL

[This message has been edited by P71Times2 (edited 12-22-2000).]

#6880 - 12/22/00 10:15 PM Re: Edelbrock MPFI conversion!!!!
metroplex Offline
Metroplectic

P71Times2: yes, that WOULD be a major improvement!! 304 rwhp is about 364 hp at the crank - combined with a 3125 lb. chassis the T-bird would FLY.

Do you happen to know all the mods done to that engine?

#6881 - 12/22/00 10:17 PM Re: Edelbrock MPFI conversion!!!!
P71Times2 Offline
Poobah

yes

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  88grandmarq, Mperson, RF_Overlord 
Who's Online
2 registered (RipWixomAssembly, Swirlsound), 104 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
Dmblanch 33
Old_Guy_Stu 32
RF_Overlord 31
speedfreak 27
Bellwestern80 25
LordAeneas 23
PrincePolaris 20
a_d_a_m 17
GM_Guy 16
Traffic22 15
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!