Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#849575 - 01/09/06 12:34 PM 2V/4V New years conversion projects
Dennis Reinhart Offline
Climber

Loc: Orange Park Florida
Well here are the begining steps of two great buildups. Car 1 we have a 03 Marauder here for complete transformation, starting at the rear the car will have 410 Gears, we also installed Addco rear sway bar and TA performance Stud girdle,

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/03TASTUDGIRDLE.jpg

next we removed the stock watts link and added the Metco watts link.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/stockwatslink.jpg

Here is new Metco
http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/03watslink.jpg

Moving towards the front we have added the Proven Dynotech Metal Matrix drive shaft,

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/03mmds.jpg

we have removed the transmissin and sent it to Ford for a complete tear down and insipection, then added the Art Car rebuild kit. while the Transmission is out we will add the rear engine cooling kit, and a PI 3000 stall converter.

Up front we have added the Addco front sway bar and the KVR 14" brake hit with PBR calipers and stainless steel lines

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/kvr03kit.jpg

Next we will be adding our Vortech water to air unit, along with SCT tuning.

Project two is complete 2 V to V4 conversion on a 03 CV the owner bought a crate 03 Marauder motor and had it shipped here and delivered the car Saturday, We will pull the transmission and engine, install the 4 V motor send the transmission to Ford for a complete KVR upgrade install a PI 3000 stall converter, along with 410 gears posi carrier, PHP controll arms ADDCO rear sway bar and Dynotech MMDS. We will add Ronal wheels with 18 "BFG Kook's Long tube headers with Magnaflow muffler and Marauder no resonator tips. Then we will add the factory Marauder guage pod with Auto meter Boost and oil preasure guages and to top it off we will install our Vortech watter to air Supercharger kit with SCT tuning.

The owner wants to sell the stock wheels and engine, as well as a Marauder air box and zip tube, the engine has less than 30K on the clock, I will be posting pictures of this as well.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/03cvstockmotor.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/session/00-00-1136827943-30cvp2.jpg

2003 Mercury Marauder 4:10's Kooks LTH PI 3500 Triple disk modified by Chris at Circle D, built motor Fox Lake heads,Dynotech drive shaft,Metco DS loop, Vortech T Trim 18 PSI 581 RWHP, Parachute optional.

Links
#849576 - 01/09/06 12:39 PM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
Liquid Offline
RWD V8
Poobah

Loc: World's Motor Capital
appreciate the short URL's but none of them work!
Trilogy #58 info @ MCM

#849577 - 01/09/06 12:43 PM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
Trouper Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: West TN
Hey Dennis, I couldn't get any of the pics to load either.

I am very interested in the 2V to 4V swap. I am thinking about doing this once my 2V goes south. Also, are you using the CV wiring harnesses and computer somehow, or did you get a Marauder setup for the swap? Keep us posted, and can't wait to see some pics.

John "Trouper" Troup

#849578 - 01/09/06 01:35 PM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
Dennis Reinhart Offline
Climber

Sorry there fixed now
2003 Mercury Marauder 4:10's Kooks LTH PI 3500 Triple disk modified by Chris at Circle D, built motor Fox Lake heads,Dynotech drive shaft,Metco DS loop, Vortech T Trim 18 PSI 581 RWHP, Parachute optional.

#849579 - 01/09/06 01:45 PM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
metroplex Offline
Metroplectic

Loc: Motor City, USA
I've heard lots of local complaints about Dynotech driveshafts still giving vibes at speed even though they are high speed balanced.

#849580 - 01/09/06 03:19 PM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
dRock96Marquis Offline

Posting Addict

Loc: Maryland

Looking foward to the final results Dennis!

Former owner of a Grand Marquis with a few mods, Grand Marquis "LSE S/C"

#849581 - 01/09/06 04:26 PM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
Dennis Reinhart Offline
Climber

Quote:

I've heard lots of local complaints about Dynotech driveshafts still giving vibes at speed even though they are high speed balanced.

I have never heard of this and probably sold over a 1000 of these for Mark 8 CV amd the Marauder the FHP has 35 Marauders they run them over 150 MPH I have not heard of any complaints.

#849582 - 01/09/06 04:26 PM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
Dennis Reinhart Offline
Climber

Quote:

I have never heard of this and probably sold over a 1000 of these for Mark 8 CV amd the Marauder the FHP has 35 Marauders they run them over 150 MPH I have not heard of any complaints.

#849583 - 01/09/06 04:42 PM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
Dennis Reinhart Offline
Climber

Well Steve has already got the engine out.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/enginebay.JPG

The owner wants to sell the UDP as well

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/03SOHC.jpg

So he will do the rear engine cooling mod on the DOHC motor install a set of 22c and the 39 lb injectors and slip this back I looked at the ECM pin print out and there will be bery littl changes.

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/03DOHC.jpg

#849584 - 01/09/06 08:33 PM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
metroplex Offline
Metroplectic

Loc: Motor City, USA
Quote:

Quote:

Some of the SE MI Mark VIII owners have complained about driveline vibes with the driveshaft. It may have been an early batch. The only reason I even know this is from the track and some of the guys I know at work who have Mark VIIIs and frequent the drag strips here. I think Dynotech is even based in Troy, MI but it was cheaper to get the shafts from you rather than them directly.

ETA: Yep, Dynotech is on Maple (15 Mile) and Crooks just south of I-75 - they fixed up Maple road finally around spring/summer of 04. It used to be sh*t. But I seriously doubt FHP would be paying attention to driveline vibes when driving 150+ mph. But heck, the stock AMMX shaft can handle 150+ mph.

I'm interested in how the 4V swap progresses!

#849585 - 01/10/06 01:17 AM Re: 2V/4V New years conversion projects
Big_Bad_Joe Offline

Poobah

Loc: Rochester NY
Quote:

Quote:

Dennis you know charlie... nice cars... good luck and happy new year
Given to DG in Ohio

2013 Ford Expedition Limited EL, Pearl White

2000 HPP RESURECTION RIP 8/17/2012 died in Dayton OH

Who's Online
6 registered (slowlane, Bangster, bluejay_32, RiotRN, dixiebandit69, ford05), 74 Guests and 253 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Email Login
EMail Login Name
Password
 New users, sign up!
Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 207
a_d_a_m 129
DudeAbides 123
CrystalPistol 119
Old_Guy_Stu 115
Moby_Vic 80
ford05 60
Warped9 56
Ponyguy 56
RF_Overlord 52
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!