Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 20 of 20 < 1 2 18 19 20
Topic Options
#4104498 - 04/08/21 08:30 PM Re: The traveling CVN bottle opener thread. [Re: Ponyguy]
bluejay_32 Offline
Poobah

Loc: wny
Originally Posted By Ponyguy
USPS has a small cardboard carton that ships for a flat fee regardless of weight. If I recall correctly, Mr. BlueJay32 stuffed the original "traveling opener" into such a box and sent it to me.

The carton was about 5" x 7" x 2" thick, (or thereabouts) and was quite substantial, and adequate for the job... and it shipped quite reasonably.

Just a suggestion...

I'm pretty sure I just resent the one that Chaplian sent me. laugh

Edited by bluejay_32 (04/08/21 08:30 PM)

Originally Posted By JeffBoudah
That's about as savage as buttered white bread.

Links
#4104632 - Yesterday at 01:44 AM Re: The traveling CVN bottle opener thread. [Re: bluejay_32]
Chaplian Offline
Insert witty title here
Poobah

Loc: Chicago, IL
Originally Posted By bluejay_32
USPS has a small cardboard carton that ships for a flat fee regardless of weight. If I recall correctly, Mr. BlueJay32 stuffed the original "traveling opener" into such a box and sent it to me.

The carton was about 5" x 7" x 2" thick, (or thereabouts) and was quite substantial, and adequate for the job... and it shipped quite reasonably.

Just a suggestion...

I like how I sent it to NY from the Chicago area, and then you sent it back to the Chicago area.

grin

2003 Crown Vic HPP- 226,xxx miles. Projector Retrofit. 3.27s. Dual exhaust. 11.25" torque converter. Arnott Limo Duty HPP-rate rear air springs. (Stolen by the old man)
1995 Impala SS- 28,293 miles. The Lovely Lady
2003 BMW 325i Sedan- 138,xxx miles. Eibach Springs, Bilstein shocks, polyurethane bushings, Projector Retrofitted lights, 330i brakes, 330i rear-end, 235/45/r17 Sport Comp 2s. Autocross machine.
2003 BMW 325i Wagon- 118,xxx miles. Eibach Springs, Koni Yellow shocks, M3 differential (LSD), M3 rear suspension/brakes, 330i front brakes, M3 6 Speed manual, Alcantara headliner.
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatchback- 57,xxxx miles. 2.5L, fully loaded. The Daily Grind.

#4104648 - Yesterday at 10:31 AM Re: The traveling CVN bottle opener thread. [Re: Chaplian]
bluejay_32 Offline
Poobah

Loc: wny
Originally Posted By Chaplian
Originally Posted By bluejay_32

Just a suggestion...

I like how I sent it to NY from the Chicago area, and then you sent it back to the Chicago area.

grin

I was gonna send it to NYC, but he changed his mind.

Originally Posted By JeffBoudah
That's about as savage as buttered white bread.

#4104828 - 46 minutes 44 seconds ago Re: The traveling CVN bottle opener thread. [Re: Ponyguy]
CrownBen Online   content
Over the Hill

Loc: EN51wt
And I took it to Sioux Falls for a week's visit with our grandkids, along with some serious time at Falls Park, then on through the Iowa 80 Truck Stop on the way back home... I forgot who I sent it to afterwards... that was a couple of years ago... shrug

WAIT!
I think I gave it to Mr. CrownBen!
I remember meeting with him at the Clinic's parking lot and we jabbered for a little while before my doctor's appointment...

As you were...

Carry on...

Yes you did, and yes we did. Then I took it on a siteseeing tour in Milwaukee.

I thought the format of the traveling keychain was just fine. It was neat to see what little thing everybody added to it- and the various bottlecaps. People I explained it too thought it was cool too.

Just a suggestion...

That box did work quite well. I re-used it when I sent it off to... whoever. Maybe it's still in my PMs.

Page 20 of 20 < 1 2 18 19 20

Moderator:  Chaplian, jmlock, Ryan, The_Punisher 
Who's Online
4 registered (ironmarinebill64, CrownBen, magic, 1 invisible), 78 Guests and 288 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 165
Old_Guy_Stu 98
a_d_a_m 94
Moby_Vic 55
DudeAbides 54
CrystalPistol 50
TheCableGuy 47
RF_Overlord 44
Ponyguy 39
Rainbowpizza 38
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!