Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10
Topic Options
#4093016 - 01/23/21 06:56 PM Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! bank 2 lean [Re: ford05]
ford05 Offline
Poobah

Loc: New Jersey
Not loosing coolant. Steam in exhaust(possibly), no moisture in oil.
As per plugs, here you go:
Pluhs https://imgur.com/gallery/OTZO9Fl

Links
#4093064 - 01/24/21 11:35 AM Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! bank 2 lean [Re: ford05]
MIHAYLA Offline
Rookie

Loc: UA
You can take a screenshot (preferably) and save the .csv file. MAF data should be added to the list of indicated parameters. You need to see the actual situation. That is, you must have two data sets: for normal and abnormal idle. Namely - oscillograms of oxygen sensors and a flow meter, a list of data from injectors, their opening times. Forskan does not have access to injectors, these measurements must be made with a physical oscilloscope.
One can assume a defective hydraulic compensator or even several. But you can hear it well.

#4093066 - 01/24/21 11:42 AM Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! bank 2 lean [Re: ford05]
MIHAYLA Offline
Rookie

Loc: UA
Spark plugs are not perfect, but without significant problems. The first two work with a rich mixture. The third is similar to the norm, although the lighting is deceiving. One of the cylinders may be running lean. I have asked for a long time to show plugs.

#4100104 - Yesterday at 01:45 PM Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! bank 2 lean [Re: ford05]
ford05 Offline
Poobah

Its been alittle over a month now. So I went to work on the car. I figured I would entertain myself with something with all this covid crap going on. Few hours after work didnt kill me.

So I started by removing the trickflow valve covers. Ive read some much bad things about these that I was dieing to get rid of them. While I was there I went ahead and removed the intake manifold. inspected gaskets on intake manifold and didnt find nothing wrong with them. Replaced them with new motorcraft gaskets just for the hell of it. installed the stock valve covers with new gaskets and the oem pcv valve and new spark plugs just for the heck of it. I also went ahead and replaced both front o2 sensors(AGAIN) with oem motorcraft units just in case and put everything back together. After all installed and put back together after a few weeks I finally crank her up. Started right up. No leaks, no funny smells no funny noise. That put a smile to my face. Let her run for a few mins to bleed any bubbles in the coolant system. all is good. Thermostat starts to open and fan kicks on and coolant starts circulating and car starts acting up. I start reading live data from my obd scan device and notice the same issue as before. bank 2 sensor 1 volts zero out for a few secounds and then goes back to normal. AFR starts going crazy and leaning out.

Now, I didnt pay much attention but I think that everytime car would act up, would be when thermostat would open which would allow coolant to circulate. I will put this to the test again today and see whats up.

After giving it some thought and trying to figure out whats wrong, I believe I might have an issue with the head gasket on that side and/or the cylinder head. I then started thinking some more and something I remembered was that a few months ago right after passing state inspection while driving home on the highway car started overheating. I was not paying attention to the needle until I started seeing smoke from under the hood. This is when I pulled aside on the highway and open the hood and boy oh boy what a mess of coolant everywhere. there was nothing at all left of coolant in the system. While car cooled off alittle, I called wife up and had her meet me with a few gallons of distilled water. After 30 mins she arrives. I filled her up and it took 3 gallons or so if i remember correctly. Drove home and car was smoking again after a 10 min drive.

Let her cooled off and pressure tested the coolant system and the radiator was at fault. So, I replaced radiator and went from there.

So, last night I started going through all my messages with Marty from mos speed shop and realized that all my troubles came right after that situation. This is when I started doing changes to the tune thinking it was a tune related issue.

Does any of this make sense? Did I possibly demage only the passenger side head gasket or cylinder head?

Is coolant making its way in to that side of the engine causing me my problem?

Edited by ford05 (Yesterday at 02:23 PM)

#4100148 - Yesterday at 07:35 PM Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! bank 2 lean [Re: ford05]
ford05 Offline
Poobah

So drove the car today for a good 40 mins. After that it started acting up. Bank 2 sensor 1 would drop to 0.000v and stay for a secound or 2 and then bounce back to normal. Car would lean out when this would happen. Continued to do this every 8-10 secounds. Let car cool off for a few mins. Cranked her up and ran fine after that. After a few mins of running, same thing would happen. Shut car off.

So i starting looking around. So i figured that if its bank 2 cylinder head or the head gasket then coolant wouldnt have pressure. So i went ahead and opened up the coolant cap and to my surprise, there was no pressure in the system and car was hot. I then went ahead and hooked up my radiator pressure tester and ran it up to 16psi. I had to give it a few pumps to get the gauge to move. Let the system sit for 10 mins and i lost 5psi of pressure in those ten mins.

Just to make sure that my tester is good, i checked the pressure on my ford escape and the secound i started pumping, the gauge started moving.

Went back to the vic and again, took a few pumps to get the pressure going. Took it to 16psi and lost pressure again. No external leaks no where.

#4100162 - Yesterday at 09:22 PM Re: HELP!!!!!!!!! bank 2 lean [Re: ford05]
Old_Guy_Stu Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Originally Posted By ford05
... while driving home on the highway car started overheating. I was not paying attention to the needle until I started seeing smoke from under the hood. This is when I pulled aside on the highway and open the hood and boy oh boy what a mess of coolant everywhere.

This would have been good to know about 10 pages ago. Sounds like you need a leak-down test, with the engine warm.

If it's pissing enough coolant into the exhaust to cool the sensor out of action, you've got a problem.

Edited by Old_Guy_Stu (Yesterday at 09:24 PM)

1988 CVLX Formal Roof (Love Boat) POTM July 2019 & Aug 2020, 55K
E-code lights w/ relays, LEDs w/ switchbacks, 15x8 Ansen slots w/ 255/60 BFG's, Kenwood stereo, various hacks.
1988 CVLX (Destroyer) 1998-2001 driven to death 202K
1988 Squire (Chris Craft) 1996-1998 junkyard rescue driven to death 199K

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 8 9 10

Who's Online
3 registered (slowlane, 1MM0RT4LP3NGU1N, 1 invisible), 83 Guests and 280 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CrystalPistol 369
bluejay_32 317
a_d_a_m 228
Rainbowpizza 176
DudeAbides 148
JeffBoudah 126
Moby_Vic 113
Old_Guy_Stu 74
BigNSlow 68
Bangster 61
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!