Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4099052 - 02/25/21 12:26 PM Re: Accident damage assessment [Re: YoungP71dude]
Danger2manifold Offline

Loc: Hard Hittin' New Britain, CT
Glad to hear you're OK! I, too, only carry liability insurance because of the age of my car. I was in a wreck in March of last year, got t-boned in the driver front fender. Insurance would have totaled it, but I had it fixed instead. $4k for the repair was a lot cheaper than I could find any other car with less than 60k miles on it. Runs and drives exactly like it should, and my frame was slightly bent, but was able to be massaged into alignment again. Good luck with your rebuild!
1999 Crown Victoria LX - 69,420 miles (nice) as of 1/27/21, Toreador red, factory 20 spoke Chrome wheel covers, AEM Dryflow panel filter, custom 2.25" dual exhaust with H-pipe, Magnaflow XL mufflers, Heartthrob Exhaust 18" chrome resonated tips, Kenwood KMM-BT225U head unit, PPI A600/4 4-channel amplifier, PPI i650.1 monoblock amplifier, Pioneer 6x8 2-way speakers, two 12" JBL subs in sealed enclosures, 2/2019 to present

Past Rides:
2003 Buick Regal GS Joseph Abboud edition - as close to a Grand National as I'll probably get, traded in 2/2019
1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature - 1st car ever bought, dubbed "The Emancipator" by friends, rear ended and totalled in 5/2016
2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL - passed to me by the folks, handed down to younger brother in 2/2015

Links
#4099088 - 02/25/21 03:25 PM Re: Accident damage assessment [Re: YoungP71dude]
CrystalPistol Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Shenandoah Valley
They have been straightening frames for as long as there have been cars. Good frame man will fix it fine.

WTH?

facepalm I signed it ...
... and now my name appears in "Fat Sharpie Red " across my screen. shrug

#4099118 - 02/25/21 05:23 PM Re: Accident damage assessment [Re: 2007CrownVic]
GM_Guy Offline
Posting Addict

Loc: London, Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By 2007CrownVic

Unless it has frame damage they don't put salvage title on it so that saves some work. You're pretty much screwed when they do because of you miss any steps in the process of putting it back on the road they don't want liability of changing it back to fit.

Cost vs value. They wrote off my gm due to a bent rad cradle claiming it was major structural damage. Problem is body shops charge through the nose for everything when it comes to insurance with a ridiculous markup. Lesson learned here in Ontario, if its something you can repair yourself and the car is more than 10 years old, DIY it and don't involve insurance with any repair claim as once you do you are sunk--even more so since we went to no-fault, it screws you even if you are 100% NOT at fault.

Edited by GM_Guy (02/25/21 05:24 PM)

#4099232 - 02/25/21 11:38 PM Re: Accident damage assessment [Re: GM_Guy]
2007CrownVic Offline
Over the Hill

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By GM_Guy
Originally Posted By 2007CrownVic

Unless it has frame damage they don't put salvage title on it so that saves some work. You're pretty much screwed when they do because of you miss any steps in the process of putting it back on the road they don't want liability of changing it back to fit.

Cost vs value. They wrote off my gm due to a bent rad cradle claiming it was major structural damage. Problem is body shops charge through the nose for everything when it comes to insurance with a ridiculous markup. Lesson learned here in Ontario, if its something you can repair yourself and the car is more than 10 years old, DIY it and don't involve insurance with any repair claim as once you do you are sunk--even more so since we went to no-fault, it screws you even if you are 100% NOT at fault.

It must depend on the insurance company and the adjuster. I've never seen a vehicle that was easily repairable get a salvage title despite the cost. Lots of cars run through insurance auctions that aren't worth fixing with good titles. It's pretty scary actually when you see some of them. My truck was written off, all the front end stuff was bolt on but it also had minor rocker damage and needed rear quarter panel as well as doors and it still had a clean title because nothing structural was damaged.

#4099252 - Yesterday at 06:04 AM Re: Accident damage assessment [Re: YoungP71dude]
Ryan Offline

Grand Poobah

Loc: MA
It depends on the state but usually if a car is written off as a total and repurchased it is given a salvage or reconstructed title.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
6 registered (Chsecar, a_d_a_m, Rainbowpizza, 1MM0RT4LP3NGU1N, TheShadow, 1 invisible), 79 Guests and 243 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
CrystalPistol 329
bluejay_32 318
a_d_a_m 229
Rainbowpizza 159
DudeAbides 145
JeffBoudah 120
Moby_Vic 101
Old_Guy_Stu 82
BigNSlow 70
Ponyguy 62
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!