I believe that the aluminum driveshaft fitted to P71's and Town Cars after 09 is a different length than the steel shaft in the non-p71's of the same age and they are not directly swappable. I think the transmission length was different, necessitating a different length shaft even though the WB may have remained the same.
Somebody who knows more than I will chime in shortly, I'm sure.
Edited by Dmblanch (05/03/21 01:53 PM)
1) 2002 White P71 - UT Training vehicle w/bad paint, 89K miles, sold.
2) 2003 B&W P71 - UT Patrol car w/bad paint, 74K miles, sold.
3) 2005 White P71 - immaculate WA Fire Chief vehicle, 54K miles, bought w/siren & lights intact, sold.
4) 2011 Black P7B - CA Sheriff vehicle, 79K miles, rented as a movie prop, sold.
5) 2008 White P71 - Idaho sheriff vehicle, 95k miles, outfitted as movie prop rental.
6) 2005 White P71 - UT University police, 74k miles, sold.
7) 2004 Silver P71 - UT Fire Dept., 104K miles, sold.
8) 2004 Toreador Red LX Sport - Want ad find, 111K.
9) 2010 White P7B SAP - UT Police, 106K, sold.
10) 2010 White P7B SAP - UT Police, 104K, sister to #9, sold.