Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
#4124694 - 10/17/21 02:17 AM Press Brake pedal ABS Light off - drive Light on
CrownVicGER Offline
Stranger

Loc: Germany
Hallo,

I have a Problem with my ABS System. When I drive, the ABS Controllight is on. When I press the brakepadel the ABS light switch off. When I make a heavy brake, the ABS is working.

Anybody knows the Problem and can help me ?

I have to say its a Ford F100 with a complete Crown Vic Swap. I have also the ABS System in the car but not the normal steering wheel with the function of the
tempomat.

Thank you very much from Germany

Links
#4124710 - 10/17/21 08:21 AM Re: Press Brakepadel ABS Light off - drive Light on [Re: CrownVicGER]
CrownVicGER Offline
Stranger

Loc: Germany
Also we try to connect a diagnostic tool for the ABS Modul but there is no connection possible. We try another ABS Modul, same problem with the ABS control light and also no connection possible frown

#4124834 - 10/18/21 01:14 PM Re: Press Brakepadel ABS Light off - drive Light on [Re: CrownVicGER]
ericp Offline
Rookie

Loc: pa, usa
Possible tone-ring/sensor bad. (?) My logic is system self checks OK intil it "see's " a bad pulse. On other cars I jacked a wheel and hard spun a tire to check for volts generated to feed computer.

#4125794 - 10/26/21 01:06 AM Re: Press Brake pedal ABS Light off - drive Light on [Re: CrownVicGER]
D-Fenz Offline

Poobah

Loc: Free America (WV)
Originally Posted By CrownVicGER
Hallo,

I have a Problem with my ABS System. When I drive, the ABS Controllight is on. When I press the brakepadel the ABS light switch off. When I make a heavy brake, the ABS is working.

Anybody knows the Problem and can help me ?

I have to say its a Ford F100 with a complete Crown Vic Swap. I have also the ABS System in the car but not the normal steering wheel with the function of the
tempomat.

Thank you very much from Germany

I would love to do like a 67 F100 Swap, nice.

From my experience, the light usually means 1 of 3 things.

Low fluid, which could be actual low fluid or a problem with the master cylinder.

Bad ABS controller, but with yours, if the light goes out, I don't think that is the case.

Bad or dirty or malfunctioning wheel speed sensor(s).

Also check out the fuses but sounds like that is not the case.

Post up some pics sometime, you'll have to upload them to like imgur and then share the links.

2005 CVPI-Rick James-SOLD
2000 Exploder-Charlie Murphy I-SOLD
1998 CVPI-Snow Beast-SOLD
1991 CVLX-Beast-SOLD
1987 Tempo-The Red Demon-RIP

Beef Supreme Tech News

Please put your year/make/model/mileage in your signature, it helps everyone answer your questions.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 92 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 119
SocalSam 87
Ponyguy 62
Dmblanch 53
RF_Overlord 48
Moby_Vic 48
Davidzq 47
DudeAbides 44
Old_Guy_Stu 43
Armada Master 42
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!