Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4125802 - 10/26/21 02:14 AM Re: 2007 CVPI - making the move from Texas to Europe [Re: GooneyBird]
bluejay_32 Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: wny
Originally Posted By GooneyBird
Yep, someone has definitely been in here before. However, the window regulator seemed fine. When testing the window I noticed a wiring loom pulling tight as the window went down before going "POINK!* and stopping the glass.

A quick rummage around in the door found that the loom belonging to this plug was going THROUGH the glass track, instead of AROUND. As the glass came down it'd catch the loom, and stop. Ugh, Previous Owner, why are you like this!

I did that when I was wiring in my passenger seat. Course I figured it out before I put it back together.

Edited by bluejay_32 (10/26/21 02:14 AM)
Edit Reason: fixed quote box

Originally Posted By Rob Gordon
NOW GET YOUR PATCHOULI STINK - OUTTA MY STORE! MOVE IT, LARD-ASS!

#4126250 - 10/28/21 11:11 AM Re: 2007 CVPI - making the move from Texas to Europe [Re: SocalSam]
GooneyBird Offline
n00b

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By SocalSam
Found RKE info. Note position of purple with yellow strip wire in gray connector and splice to door trunk release button. There is also some antenna info.

https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3281442

Thanks! That makes the hunt for what I need a lot easier. smile

Next time I've got time to swing by the American car-yard I'll grab the things I need. The TC there is balanced rather precariously on top of something, so I'd rather get it all in one swoop than having to piece it together over several trips.

#4126896 - 11/04/21 02:03 PM Re: 2007 CVPI - making the move from Texas to Europe [Re: GooneyBird]
GooneyBird Offline
n00b

If you ever feel like you have no idea what you’re doing at your job, take into consideration the following:

Three junior techs at the local alignment shop were scratching their heads about why there are no alignment values for the rear wheels of a Crown Vic. After a little while I took pity on them and invited them to look under the car and explain to me how they were planning to adjust anything in case they’d actually find the relevant values.

Much hilarity ensued.

All’s well that ends well though. The Vic got aligned, many selfies were taken with the car, and I got a nice discount on the alignment. I’m not complaining.

#4126928 - 11/04/21 10:45 PM Re: 2007 CVPI - making the move from Texas to Europe [Re: GooneyBird]
Old_Guy_Stu Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Originally Posted By GooneyBird

Hey, you never know when you'll need stuff. What kind of speakers are we talking about here? Because I've got a spare Ford speaker from the junkyard, but would like to get a decent (and matching) set of front speakers in there at some point.

They're Ford factory speakers. I took 'em out after about a month, back in 2003. I'll double check to make sure they're 6x8 and not 5x7. Honestly, aftermarket speakers are a lot better, unless you're doing a 100-point concours restoration.

Edited by Old_Guy_Stu (11/04/21 10:46 PM)

1988 CVLX Formal Roof (Love Boat) POTM July 2019, Aug 2020, & Oct 2021, 56K
E-code lights w/ relays, LEDs w/ switchbacks, 15x8 Ansen slots w/ 255/60 BFG's, Kenwood stereo, various hacks.
This, of course, was merely the semi-delirious notion of a fever-patient, but I remember that it struck me at the time as being eminently practical and feasible.

#4127400 - 11/10/21 03:02 PM Re: 2007 CVPI - making the move from Texas to Europe [Re: Old_Guy_Stu]
GooneyBird Offline
n00b

Originally Posted By Old_Guy_Stu

They're Ford factory speakers. I took 'em out after about a month, back in 2003. I'll double check to make sure they're 6x8 and not 5x7. Honestly, aftermarket speakers are a lot better, unless you're doing a 100-point concours restoration.

Thanks for looking. I've got a decently matched set in there right now, might go for 4 of the same aftermarket speakers at some point.

Also, UGH! Junkyards right now are frustrating. There's a junkyard nearby that deals in American cars, which this being Europe means it's decked out like a '50s diner, with a pink limo on top of the administrative building alongside a bad fiberglass Elvis. Anyway, since COVID is flaring up again here, it's operating under different guidelines. There are no people allowed on the yard itself, and you have to call ahead to reserve a part. I've had a videochat with one of the employees where he's shown me that there's an '06 LTC there with all the bits I need to install RKE on my Vic, but they haven't got the time to remove the parts... They're so backed up with assignments like this they just don't have the manpower for small stuff like this.

So now I have to wait, and I'm not good at waiting. biggrin

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  BigMerc96 
Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 92 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 119
SocalSam 87
Ponyguy 62
Dmblanch 53
RF_Overlord 48
Moby_Vic 48
Davidzq 47
DudeAbides 44
Old_Guy_Stu 43
Armada Master 42
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!