Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
mycv 008.jpg
I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit.
Other images in post
Image Details
Poster Sonicjagstang Offline
Posted 03/27/10 02:58 AM
Description
I know there is nothing uncommon about a white '03 or the fact that it now has Bullitt wheels on it but for now it is a start and it is mine. I have a long list of planned mods (who doesn't)and I am on a very tight budget so I will do what I can, when and where I can and simply enjoy it.

All I have done is fix the headlights (the wires were still cut and not attached),install some generic floor mats, clean it up a little (it didn't need much),remove the antennas and install the Bullitt wheels that I just traded for.
Dimensions 1024x768
Size 103.27 KB
UBBCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Comments
#2011420 - 03/27/10 07:46 AM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: Sonicjagstang]
thirdjoker Offline

Loc: fay, n.c.
good start.Take the time to get to know your car. upkeep is more important. do all the little things first.

#2011430 - 03/27/10 08:38 AM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: thirdjoker]
Sonicjagstang Offline
Rookie

Loc: U,.S.A.
Thanks and that is a very good point. I assure you I started with the basics. Fluids, brakes, tires, front end, leaks(found no leaks) etc. (I didn't make mention of the more boring details) LOL!

Luckily I am somewhat familiar with the P71 panthers and when I discovered the headlights were not working I assumed someone had been careless with the wires after disabling the wig-wags and such. (I was also lucky that was indeed the problem)

I looked the car over top to bottom at Chicago Motors and the car had a charging issue which they promptly fixed. I left in the daytime and stopped at a restaurant as it began to get dark and made a quick fix of the lights. (fixed them correctly at home).

I had a five hour drive back and left Chicago during rush hour so you can trust me when I say I quickly became VERY acquainted with the car. LOL!

The only real concerns I have now is the check engine light is on (have not yet plugged up and ran a code), some dash lights are out (not too bad of deal), and the horn, cruise etc. is not working and the airbag light is on. Clock spring or some relays or wires may have been tampered with? I will look over everything before making any big trips this summer.

By the way. I am very jealous of your car. I was hoping to score a black or dark blue one. LOL!

#2012056 - 03/28/10 01:12 AM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: Sonicjagstang]
Derek19CrownVic Offline
Traitor.
Over the Hill

Loc: Deh Island
Nice Vic.

What exactly did you do to de-whack it?

#2012096 - 03/28/10 04:35 AM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: Derek19CrownVic]
Sonicjagstang Offline
Rookie

Thanks Derek,

Love the look and color of your car, as I mentioned I had hoped to score a dark colored car but the white is actually growing on me.

I guess it would depend on someones definition or standards here but so far I have only managed to ditch the antennas and install the wheels to change the look. I didn't post a pic with the antennas gone as none of them turned out well.

I will ditch the spotlight this summer when I get time to fill the "C" notch in the door frame and properly seal up the hole where the stem went through. I eventually want to fill all antenna holes and get a respray but we'll see how it goes.

Also I have to remove a bracket attached to the front passenger seat mount where some equipment was attached. I am going to mod the exhaust soon also. It should be pretty easy to tell at this point the car is no longer in service and the exhaust and wheels will help the most.

I love the look of a decked out Crown Vic but I am tired of every trip I take having the experience of being in a parade or the A$$holes that get scared get cute when they realize you are not a LEO and have to flip you off or taunt you etc. There are too many small minded rednecks where I live. (I have never had that trouble in a bigger city and have never been pulled over in any P71 I have owned)

If the car isn't so provoking it will certainly help but if I was a little more mellow the actions from the rednecks wouldn't provoke me so much either. LOL!

#2012177 - 03/28/10 11:30 AM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: Sonicjagstang]
Derek19CrownVic Offline
Traitor.
Over the Hill

Loc: Deh Island
Oh, well that's cool. I know what you mean by people being dicks to you, though. I'm sure most P71 owners did at one point.

Oh, and thanks. Oddly enough, I was hoping for a lighter colored car, (South Louisiana has hot, humid summers and springs, while fall is moderate and winter varies) but the dark blue has already done grown on me and I just love the dark blue now, I think it looks great on my Vic.

Anyways, the Vic looks good and so do the wheels and it looks like it's on the way to becoming one mean CV.

Oh, and a few suggestions:
Either put some black trim on the front bumper to match the rear, or take the black trim off the front so that there is no bumper trim - OR put chrome trim on both bumpers.
Also, The whip antenna plug in the driver's side quarter panel would drive me insane. I'd paint it white to match the car at least or just get it filled ASAP, ya know.
And get those windows tinted ASAP. ;\)

#2012212 - 03/28/10 12:47 PM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: Derek19CrownVic]
Sonicjagstang Offline
Rookie

LOL! You're neeeeeever gonna believe this but yesterday afternoon I removed the rear bumper trim. LOL! I also recalled that I had some chrome exhaust tips for "2 1/4 laying around so I put those on also.

They really show up because the department that had the car already performed the bumper tuck. The way they did it was a little different than how I see a lot of them done. This one is more of a "mild" tuck. It basically just got pulled up against itself like opening a sardine can.

This morning after browsing CVN I found a post on the the air box mod so I promptly went outside and removed it. 20 minutes later it now goes WAAAAAOOOOOMMMM!

Also tint is pretty high on the to do list and yeah, the plug is driving me nuts too. Not sure how I am going to address it yet. As I already mentioned I am on a seriously tight budget right now and I don't want to start any patch work until I can have it resprayed.

#2012331 - 03/28/10 04:12 PM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: Sonicjagstang]
PeeSeventyOne Offline
Poobah

Loc: So Cal, U.S.. Earth, Milky Way
If you're on a budget, just paint the antenna plug body color till you can get it filled in. Cool that you removed both bumper cover trim pieces. Personally, I like 'em better with nothing or the black trim.

2000 C.V.P.I. Deep Wedgewood Blue S.A.P. Ex-L.A.P.D. Unmarked Car. P.O.T.M. Feb. 2011
Proud member of the imaginary S.A.P. Group. You don't see us due to our street appearance.
Originally Posted By: Rizzo
I know I'm a faster eater, cuz I got my tooth chipped.

#2012666 - 03/29/10 12:27 AM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: PeeSeventyOne]
Sonicjagstang Offline
Rookie

I like them better with out the trim also. This car has some dents and both bumpers are not in the best of shape and I am certain one of the covers has been replaced because the front bumper had no trim at all and only the back had the black trim.

I quickly got rid of it. LOL!

#2013103 - 03/29/10 02:41 PM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: Sonicjagstang]
CNGInterceptor Offline

4V Fairmont
Grand Poobah

Loc: Rhode Island
Those Bullitt's changed the look of you car in an awesome way!
2008 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor | 4.6L

#2016602 - 04/02/10 10:50 PM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: CNGInterceptor]
Sonicjagstang Offline
Rookie

Thank you much CNG. I like them more than I thought I would. I like the wheel choice on your car as well and at first thought they were FR500's but noticed later they are GT500's. Definitely a good choice.

By the way, I hope you have a lot of sandbags. I heard things are pretty bad out there. I hope you and all get through it OK.

#2016904 - 04/03/10 02:45 PM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: Sonicjagstang]
CNGInterceptor Offline

4V Fairmont
Grand Poobah

Loc: Rhode Island
 Originally Posted By: Sonicjagstang
Thank you much CNG. I like them more than I thought I would. I like the wheel choice on your car as well and at first thought they were FR500's but noticed later they are GT500's. Definitely a good choice.

By the way, I hope you have a lot of sandbags. I heard things are pretty bad out there. I hope you and all get through it OK.

Thanks! As for the sandbags, my house only recieved 2 inches of water in the basement, some of the buildings further south from me had 22 inches of water in their buildings \:\(
2008 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor | 4.6L

#2030155 - 04/22/10 01:29 PM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: CNGInterceptor]
thnder85 Offline
Stranger

Loc: Usa , IL
Good looking vic =)

#2030744 - 04/23/10 02:28 AM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: thnder85]
Rexem Offline
Zamboni Pro
Climber

Loc: Roseville,MI
Looks great! I kept the 03-04 factory hub caps. Put the money into the sounds. Throw some clear corners on it, They're pretty cheap and easy, and they help de-whack it somewhat too IMO. But it looks great.

All stock drivetrain - Tint: 5% rear 15% front

#2030801 - 04/23/10 08:22 AM Re: I decided to de-whackify the '03 a bit. [Re: Rexem]
Steve99CVPI Offline

Pork Eating Infidel
Over the Hill

Loc: Milwaukee, WI/Chicago, IL
No clear corners, put some 03 MGM corners on it.

My SUPERMOTORS page

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  a_d_a_m 
Who's Online
3 registered (ScottH, SocalSam, Old_Guy_Stu), 36 Guests and 93 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 109
JeffBoudah 80
Armada Master 74
Old_Guy_Stu 73
Moby_Vic 65
Dmblanch 58
DudeAbides 54
a_d_a_m 44
SocalSam 42
Ponyguy 41
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!