Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure! registry | CVN on Facebook | tech | news | email login Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!

Welcome to CVN - Your Panther platform headquarters!

Custom Search

Topic Options
Where is the bear 96.jpg
CP's 2000 CVPI
Other images in post
Image Details
Poster CrystalPistol Offline
Posted 03/02/21 12:47 PM
Description
I noticed I left out pics of my 2000 CVPI, it was the one that had a pushbar. 16" wheels, 225/60-16 rubber, looked like the '07 otherwise. It was geared lower though with 3.55s. I have a few pics of it though, some at work.

First picture was a split picture ... I had been sitting in a crossover backed in behind some trees one evening, had a digital camera at hand, and heard CB radio traffic alerting me that a fast tractor trailer was near by. I rolled a right side window down to hear, then I heard the tractor trailer coming moving a lot of air too. I got ready, he passed, estimated 100, released the hold just as I snapped a pic , 96 mph and then he hit the air which told me he was using a bird dog too. The narrow upper portion was where I took a picture another day to show the judge one of my spots. Reckless Driving and a Radar Detector, likely he was put to walking. Was not rare on I-81.

Second pic is at the office gassing up.

Third is a pretty nice look west one evening from the crossover atop North Mountain.
Dimensions 640x439
Size 187.14 KB
UBBCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Comments
#4100164 - 03/02/21 10:15 PM Re: CP's 2000 CVPI [Re: CrystalPistol]
Bellwestern80 Offline

CVN Discord: Edsel
Over the Hill

Loc: Evans, Georgia
Definitely a beautiful insight to cars as they were in-service and the area you served in.

The handful of times I've traveled through Virginia, I always took it easy (maybe no more than 2 MPH over) since I had seen some folks stopped for maybe 6-8 MPH over the limit. What flew back home I didn't expect for it to the further I got away from home, and I definitely didn't have time to deal with any citations. wink

That said, I have always enjoyed the I-77 to I-81 portion of the route when I've gone to PA. Beautiful scenery on the climb between Mt. Airy, NC and Fancy Gap, VA. I've also hit up the Blue Ridge Parkway several times when I could.

#4100190 - 03/03/21 10:34 AM Re: CP's 2000 CVPI [Re: CrystalPistol]
VoodooChild Offline

Rookie

Loc: Northeast
Very cool! Good hiding spot in that first pic. Over here they just sit in the median 99% of the time.
3.55 Limited Slip
Ported plenum
Moog Sway Bar links & bushings
Mevotech Supreme control arms
PLZ MP-900 double din 7" touch screen
Infinity Reference 6x8 door speakers
Alpine 6x9 rear speakers
Soundstorm 400w 4 channel
12" Infinity Reference sub in a Sound Ordnance ported Bass Bunker
1500w Power Acoustik mono amp
Dash Cam w/ backup cam
LED lighting
RKE thru Forscan

2001 LX 144k -

Lincoln Chaffee's former protective car
RI State Police (sold)

#4100208 - 03/03/21 01:41 PM Re: CP's 2000 CVPI [Re: VoodooChild]
CrystalPistol Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: Shenandoah Valley
Originally Posted By VoodooChild
Very cool! Good hiding spot in that first pic. Over here they just sit in the median 99% of the time.
One day I took the local highway department office head ... an old buddy ... around the interstate to show him some improvements we could use to better deter unsafe driving during a time the Media was full of bad news of more serious wrecks and increasing traffic crash injuries & fatalities. I showed him by pulling into spots. He had a culvert put in that spot, runway graded, paved, and saved the pines too. Was just dirt, gravels, and a ditch that would get you stuck in. He fixed us some other places too.

#4100254 - 03/03/21 06:52 PM Re: CP's 2000 CVPI [Re: CrystalPistol]
Rainbowpizza Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Never heard of them being called "bird dogs" before. cool2
I think Vehicle While Drink is a felony everywhere.
Originally Posted By AeroVic1997
Caff%#ne best in liquid form, no need to inhale, patch, inject, steam, Osmify, Perk, baste, compost or Microwave.

#4100280 - 03/03/21 07:32 PM Re: CP's 2000 CVPI [Re: Rainbowpizza]
CrystalPistol Offline

Over the Hill

Originally Posted By Rainbowpizza
Never heard of them being called "bird dogs" before. cool2
double thumbs I got to hear enough of them in testing before citing, that I could pull up near a truck at night un-announced, wait till he keyed his mic, then release the hold on the radar, hear the bark on the radio, see the brake-lights (hard to resist the urge to brake until one checks their speed) and tell the driver when stopped the brand he was using.

#4100292 - 03/03/21 08:44 PM Re: CP's 2000 CVPI [Re: CrystalPistol]
Old_Guy_Stu Offline

Over the Hill

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Ever say "you in a heap o' trouble, boy?"

1988 CVLX Formal Roof (Love Boat) POTM July 2019 & Aug 2020, 55K
E-code lights w/ relays, LEDs w/ switchbacks, 15x8 Ansen slots w/ 255/60 BFG's, Kenwood stereo, various hacks.
1988 CVLX (Destroyer) 1998-2001 driven to death 202K
1988 Squire (Chris Craft) 1996-1998 junkyard rescue driven to death 199K

#4100314 - 03/03/21 11:49 PM Re: CP's 2000 CVPI [Re: CrystalPistol]
CrystalPistol Offline

Over the Hill

No, ... but I have said "I don't see a toothbrush" or asked them "You got a toothbrush" when they said they had it all (like maybe truck drivers toting log books and truck papers back to save me a walk like they're hoping to get on my gooder side.) ...
... and I have said in my best rendition of Ray Stevens .... "Yeah, I did" when one has said something like "you caught me good huh".

I have been known to say "Ray Charles could have seen that" when someone denied something I saw. One complained, said it was racist, guess they didn't know Ray Charles was blind?, Sgt. asked me to not use that one for awhile.

Really though, I let one know pretty quick that I was joshing ... maybe ... sometimes for sure. I think.

Edited by CrystalPistol (03/03/21 11:56 PM)
Edit Reason: added R.C. line

Moderator:  a_d_a_m 
Who's Online
3 registered (bspurloc, SDHOUHK07, 1 invisible), 59 Guests and 260 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box

Top Posters (30 Days)
bluejay_32 159
Old_Guy_Stu 88
CrystalPistol 80
a_d_a_m 77
TheCableGuy 57
DudeAbides 53
Ponyguy 49
Moby_Vic 47
Bangster 46
RF_Overlord 46
Member Spotlight

Copyright 2000-2015 by Crownvic.net and Steve Spaulding. All Rights Reserved.
The photographs, graphics and data contained in this Web site are the properties of the contributors, or Crownvic.net and may not be used without expressed written consent.
Crownvic.net is not affiliated with the Ford motor company.

Happily consuming the fuel saved by Prius owners!