I bought a 98 P71 2 years ago and at that time the body was in good shape. Last summer I noticed some rust on the drivers side front fender on the bottom, I kinda poked at it alittle and when I was done there was a hole about the size of a half dollar. The passenger side had rust by the wheel well on top. So I thought.. what the hell I'll change both fenders and won't have to worry about it for a long time. My nephew owns a body shop and he told me he'd get me two new fenders and paint them for 300.00, but I'd have to put them on. I thought kool! I can do that. Wow! talk about bite'n off more than you can chew. I've change fenders on other cars but never a CV. This little project took me about 10-12 hrs. My first thought was .."hey, I'll pop off the old ones and slap the new ones on in a couple hours" WRONG. The car looks great now with the new fenders, I've still got some very minor body work to be done on the rear wheel wells and she'll look new then. Moral of the story..........if your going to do minor body work go ahead, if you have to change fenders..let somebody else do it!
92 DODGE STEALTH,
85 CV STREET STOCK,
05 MUSTANG,
00 HONDA VALKYRIE,