Got a week off this week so I have every intention of doing quite a few hours on it.

So, started at 7:30 this morning..........

Plan was to finish the drivers door prep. Since I recrimped the base of the door, it wasn't quite straight anymore. A few wobbles so had to be panel beaten flat again and a skim of filler over the top. You can see it here

After using my favourite long flat bed hand sander (no machines for me!) and a coat of hi build primer, here we are

Since its cold in the UK still (is it ever warm?), this is my heat source directly above the door. It's a G clamp on one of the ceiling joists and an old hair dryer hung from it!

Here's a view of the prep where the mirror and the door handle used to be (good riddance)

Then door turned over and the panel I welded in to get access for the spot welder filled level and all seams sealed.

While all that is drying/setting its time to strip the wood grain off the drivers fender and start welding all the trim holes up.

Fender light removed first, but a bit of rust present

so had to grind one bolt off.

This is the last time its going anywhere near the car! I'm going to weld the hole up.

And here's a satisfying view of all the wood grain coming off the fender

And a casual view of my Lincoln Mark 8 patiently waiting for its new fuel level sender!

And here's all the wood grain vinyl on the floor rather than on the fender! Result.

Loads more to come tomorrow.
Andy.