Originally Posted By GM_Guy

Port Huron is about an hour at the prevailing traffic speeds on the I94 speedway isn't it? I always ended up with the box speedo fully wound out on that drive (stupid 85mph speedo they used back then) for the northbound trip.

Alex.
That made me laugh. Yeah, I94 north of I696 or west of Detroit usually moves pretty fast, its a crawl getting thru Detroit most of the day. But its nothing like I696 nearing rush hours. Its the only place where I've ever been in bumper to bumper traffic going 95mph. Seriously. I did it twice just today, just after the morning rush, and just before the evening rush, cars all around me everyone going 85-95mph. That was NOT a fun freeway for the driving instructor to choose for our very first time driving on the freeway.

2006 Audi A6 ~132k miles, stock.
1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~100k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
1997 Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust with Magnaflows, cats deleted, MSD Ignition, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front bar, air ride reinstated, Projector retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel retrofit, holistic weight reduction as the parts fall off..
1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12 frown