Parts that you will need:

- Continental center console (be sure to grab all the wiring and mounting brackets)
- 6 bolts and nuts and a crap load of washers (you will have to figure out the size when you start the install)
- column shroud cover (Continental, CV LX Sport, Marauder, GMQ LSE, Mustangs, Ford trucks all have these)

Tools that you will need:

- screwdrivers
- socket set
- wrenches
- zip ties
- heat shrink tube, electrical tape and anything else that you would use for wiring

The task at hand is to install this,

into this,

First thing you want to do is remove the seats because it will make it that much more easier to install. The seats are held in place by 2 bolts in the front and 2 nuts in the rear. Don't forget to unplug the electrical connectors underneath before trying to pull the seats out of the car. This article may come in handy if you end up breaking the front bolts.
https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1776776#Post1776776

Next we need to eliminate the floor vent duct, otherwise the console won't sit in place properly. To do that pull the carpet pretty much all the way back. The carpet is tucked in around the trim so start pulling on one of the corners and it will come out.

The vent is held in place by 2 christmas tree plugs at the rear. Pop those off to remove it.

Discard.

Cup holders are next. These will have to go too, otherwise the console won't fit. There are 2 tabs that must be pushed down with a screwdriver. The cup holders will then slide out. Unplug the electrical connector going to the cigarette lighter.

When the cup holders are out the bracket must be removed. It's held in place by two 7 mm screws on the bottom. Then junk yank back to it pop off.

Once the bracket is out we can test fit the console.

I took some measurements with the console in place. This should help with the install if you are unsure how far forward or back it should sit. It fits really tight in the front where the cup holders used to be. You may need to man handle it. I actually ended up tearing the upholstery in the corners.

This is the distance from the rear of the console to the back seat.

Driver side dash.

Next step is to install the shifter. If you haven't yet noticed, there is carpet going all the way across. We need to make a hole in the carpet.

***WARNING*** no turning back beyond this point.

I used a box cutter to slice though the carpet and sound deadening material. Careful not to cut too big of a hole.

When the hole is made you can test fit the shifter. Place it on the floor, no need to secure it yet. Drop the console on top to see how it fits.

From here on it's a matter of test fitting and getting it to look just right.

The shifter mounts to the floor with 4 bolts. I did not use Continental front bracket though it looks like it will fit. I found it easier to align the shifter in place if you drill one of the front bolt holes and put a bolt through it then do the rest with console removed. The shifter will not sit flush on the floor, especially in the rear. I had to use 20 washers on each rear bolt and 6 washers in the front to act as a spacer so the shifter mounts solidly to the floor.

When shifter is mounted in place you may want to put the console in again to make sure it still fits in there ok. Put the top trim piece on as well to see if the gaps are all good.

If you don't need to make any adjustments you can move on to the rear bracket. Continental bracket doesn't fit right around the curvature of the floor so I modded it a bit.

I stuck the bracket in the vice and did some bending of the metal. Red lines show how it should be. Get rid of the little tab that sticks down. Bend it back or cut if off.

Here it is mounted to the driveshaft hump. You will need to attach the bracket to the console first then place the whole thing on the floor so you can figure out where to drill the mounting holes.

When you finally get the bracket in place you are pretty much done with initial install. All that's left is cosmetic work.

The console won't sit flush on the carpet. I was actually able to stick the palm of my hand underneath. I used a few layers of sound deadening material under the carpet to even it out.

This is a picture before I added the extra material.

Now that you are happy with the look you can either do the electrical or move onto the shifter hook up. If you are gonna do electrical, I sure hope you got the wire harness with that console. It will make things a lot easier. Mine came with 2 cigarette lighters, one in the front and one inside the storage compartment. I hooked up the front one to the existing wiring harness for the old lighter. Bulb on the shifter can be wired into the old cigarette lighter bulb wiring.

The shifter hook up is a bit of a pain because you need to drop the column. Remove the kick panel as well as the knee bolster. Undo the little bolt that holds the shifter cable in place. Then slide the actual cable off the hook. More info on that is available here, http://oqcvo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170 and here https://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1471829#Post1471829