There are times I use swivels or universals, and they make them for impact guns but I don't use them on a impact gun, I've never had a swivel or universal break, but if floppy I have wrapped a few wraps of electrical tape on one.

For my use which is not professional shop use, I've been pleased with HF stuff. I have mostly Craftsman, Snap-On, some old Wizard, several sets gear wrenches stuff, and other misc stuff. If I need to make a wrench, I'll cut a HF and go from there. I've busted sockets, most often a 12 point. I have 1/2 impact socket set for that use.

My swivels & universals are Craftsman. The swivel sockets I have are my Dad's, they are Craftsman made in the '60s, there is a 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, and there's a 5/8. Last time I used on of them was the 9/16 with extensions to get to bellhousing bolts up at the top in my Chevelle, GTO, or maybe my Dart 340 Swinger, gotta be 40 years ago. I have used the universals more recently, they are in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 drive sizes.

I usually use them to spin a already loosened loose bolt or nut out or to start it, rarely ever to apply tightening torque or to break free a stubborn fastener unless like a 10 or 12mm nut or 1/2 or 9/16 maybe, not big stuff. I will use one when swapping plugs, but that's not heavy torque.

Edited by CrystalPistol (11/20/20 12:43 AM)

________________________________________ ____________________
Problems huh? Then Read THE Book. Signed: Natural Borne Neanderthal .