An x-pipe may not offer any performance benefit at a stock level, but I'm also pretty sure that it isn't going to hurt performance in any noticeable fashion for you OP. If you like the sound and are trying to kill drone, then go for it. I personally went with an h-pipe when I got my exhaust fabbed this past fall because that's what I wanted for sound. The shop owner advised that the difference between the 2 performance wise for cars like ours with essentially no mods and relatively little power wouldn't be noticeable
1999 Crown Victoria LX - 69,420 miles (nice) as of 1/27/21, Toreador red, 18x8 Anthracite Torq Thrust M's, AEM Dryflow panel filter, custom 2.25" dual exhaust with H-pipe, Magnaflow XL mufflers, Jones 22" long 4" slash cut tips, Kenwood KMM-BT225U head unit, PPI A600/4 4-channel amplifier, PPI i650.1 monoblock amplifier, Pioneer 6x8 2-way speakers, two 12" JBL subs in sealed enclosures, 2/2019 to present

Past Rides:
2003 Buick Regal GS Joseph Abboud edition - as close to a Grand National as I'll probably get, traded in 2/2019
1996 Lincoln Town Car Signature - 1st car ever bought, dubbed "The Emancipator" by friends, rear ended and totalled in 5/2016
2002 Buick Rendezvous CXL - passed to me by the folks, handed down to younger brother in 2/2015